New map download (or not!)

TomTom Model(s)
Hi, I'm new here but I have owned my TomTom for well over a year now.

I travel to Spain from the UK, via France once or twice a year and the next trip is coming up soon.
I am therefore thinking of up dating my Western Europe maps, however, as far as I can see I can only update them by downloading them over the internet. My download speed is quite slow, only 1800k or so. Apparently this will mean the download will take over three hours!
Given that TomTom have not always been very good at downloading updates etc. to my PC, I'm more than a bit wary of taking that route, particularly given the amount of time it might take.

Can anyone tell me if there are other ways I can update my maps, buy then on CD or something?
I have looked on the TomTom web site but I have never found that to be particularity helpful either.

Any help or advise would be appreciated.

R

I know that for European TomToms, you used to be able to buy maps on sd cards for some models. Not sure if and what maps are still possible to be obtained that way.

If SuperMod mikealder doesn't reply to this thread within, say 24 hours, send him a pm with your question. Mike is based in the UK and will have the information you need.

Thanks for that, I will wait and see if mikealder replies.

I looked for the SD card on the web site but it doesn't appear to be available, not for the 720 anyway.

ray

Ask a Question