new map activation/ registration

M_J

When you load a new map from the DVD and it is activated from the number on the "credit card" is the map unlocked at this point?

for example if I were to copy this map from my TomTom can the map be copied to a different TomTom or is it registered to the one device?

thanks, m

I think it works like this:
Product Code (Map) + Device code = Activation Code (it's the scrambled mms file in the SD card).
When booting your TomTom it use that to check against your device code (unique to each TomTom), it will reject your second TomTom.

lec510 is correct. The activation is per device. If you and your buddy were to swap DVDs and "credit cards" after you've each activated a Map... you wouldn't get any other maps to work. That code is for your device.

thanks, I wasn't trying to get something for free, it was just a question about backing up for 2 devices. I do know that a single DVD of the new map (665) will update 2 tomtoms with one "credit card" number, I just didn't know if that also meant that the maps were then interchangeable.

OK... once the map has been activated on a device -we'll say TT1a for now. And then the same map activated on device TT2b. If you lose your backup for TT1a and want to use TT2b to restore the map to TT1a...yes, that should work.... in theory.

Is this what you're asking?

yes that's what I was hoping for but the formula:

Product Code (Map) + Device code = Activation Code (it's the scrambled mms file in the SD card)

seems to contradict that because of the "Device code" is different for each TT1.

I don't have 2 ONEs anymore so i can't test the theory... but I do believe it works from what I've read on here in the past. maybe someone else can chime in and back me?

Ask a Question