New Jersey Turnpike & Long Island Expressway

Guys...
For those who travel the NJ turnpike... I found a glitch...
TT1 wants you to take the car lanes, not the truck lanes.
It will make you get off at every exit, pull a u-turn before the tolls and then get back onto the car lanes.

Also on the Long Island Expressway, there is a "HOV (high occupancy vehicle)" lane. They use specific entrance and exit points. As you approach every entrance, TT1 advises you to "keep right" This could be confusing for those where a true exit is approaching.

Both of these become a nuisance as you travel because you can't judge when your exit truly is.

Just an FYI.

5 into 3

Guys...
It will make you get off at every exit, pull a u-turn before the tolls and then get back onto the car lanes....

If you travel south on the NJTpk the Car and Truck lanes merge into 3 lanes at exit 8A - usually a big backup too :mad:...when you travel north the opposite is true. While this might be a an inconvenience, it's only temporary. :)

Now the tollbooth dilemma is something else! :confused:

ML

Guys...
It will make you get off at every exit, pull a u-turn before the tolls and then get back onto the car lanes.

Also on the Long Island Expressway, there is a "HOV (high occupancy vehicle)" lane. They use specific entrance and exit points. As you approach every entrance, TT1 advises you to "keep right" This could be confusing for those where a true exit is approaching.

Both of these become a nuisance as you travel because you can't judge when your exit truly is.

Just an FYI.

Check out my post... https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=2388

strange, because the garden state pkwy is a divided road - express and local - and my One doesn't care which side you take.

Ask a Question