New GO700

New GO700 with wrong maps

I just got a GO 700 for Christmas and the box says it has Maps of the U.S. and Canada. It actually has maps for the Canary Islands and Western Europe.Is there anything I can do short of calling their support which doesn't open until Dec 27th. I guess I assumed it would work right out of the box. and thought maybe I am doing something wrong.

Last edited:
Wow. That's a deal. I wish I had gotten maps of Europe on my GO700 -- I'm going there this Summer! Now I have to buy them if I want them. You apparently got a GO700/910 hybrid! ;)

european maps

I have downloaded european map from eMule. Just don't know how to install it. When I have dropped it on my Go 700's harddrive and restarted nothing have happened. :mad: Maybe I have to remove the American map before the european one will work? I got my 700 4 days ago so haven't had alot of time to play with it yet... I was looking for a map of Poland and got this file: DE_AT_CH_PL_CZ_Plus-Map I don't know how legal it would be to share it on this website... :confused:

Plus I do not think it is possible (without a hack), as they have probably set it up to be activated with a specific device one time only. Hope you didn't invest much with emule...

I take it that emule is a bittorrent download site or something? Basically, if you didn't pay for it, then it's likely an illegal download and will be rather difficult to get working on your TomTom.

Ask a Question