New Formatted TT730 "Failed To Create Output File"

I've been trying to update the map on this new unit. After several calls and attempts a CSR had me format the drive on the unit. The only thing that was backed up was that I copied the "LoquendoTTS" folder onto my desk top. Now I get "Error when contacting server: Failed to create output file."

Here are the details:

ERROR: 2147500037/#http://home.tomtom.com/download/act...mapId=50710&muid=J41128I005AN&encryption=drm: Error from server: Failed to create output file
Failed to create output file
Error code: 2147500037 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)
URL: http://home.tomtom.com/download/act...&mapId=50710&muid=J41128I005AN&encryption=drm
Severity: 1105
-
[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) [nsIFileOutputStream.init]" nsresult: "0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://tthome/content/logic/downloader.js :: anonymous :: line 323" data: no]
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/logic/downloader.js:333
this._url.spec);

CAUSE: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) [nsIFileOutputStream.init]" nsresult: "0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://tthome/content/logic/downloader.js :: anonymous :: line 323" data: no]
in chrome://tthome/content/logic/downloader.js:323
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/logic/downloader.js:323
behaviorFlags);

Time: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 15:48:20 GMT

What can I do to fix this short of sending the unit to the service department?

Thanks,

JM

Last edited:
When you use Explorer, can you see the contents of your unit? If so, make an Explorer, not Home backup of the unit's contents. Ensure hidden files/folders are showing.

Now then, did you get the error AFTER downloading the map but DURING the install process? If so, the new compressed map is on your computer in the default location designated in Home's preferences-->Folder locations.

Report back and we'll take it from there.

Thanks for your reply. At this point there is nothing to copy. The device is clear of all folders. It has been formatted. When I try to download the map it stops immediately and delivers the error messg I posted.

There are no downloaded TT files on the computer either. None that can be seen from TT Home anyway.

Last edited:
If that's the situation, I would think your only options are to either try to exchange it at the retailer's or call support again for further advice (including returning it for service there).

Try this before you do the above:

Uninstall Home from your computer and reinstall. Then connect your unit. It should offer to dl and install the application. If so, accept it........

Now, try to get the updated map.

If a no-go, then I'm afraid you're left with the suggestions I made.

Make EXPLORER backup, not HOME backup

What, how, where is that EXPLORER thingy. Your words "make an explorer backup, not a home backup". There some of us idiots that still appreciate the mysteries of the tech age and are completely confused by the TV remote.

Last edited:

Ask a Question