New firmware (9.4) for old device, interesting

Firmware 9.510 is now available
Version 9.510
GO 720, GO 920, GO 730, GO 930, GO 630, GO 740 LIVE, (XL 335 LE/ SE/SE-TM, XL 350, XXL 550, START 40/ 45/ 50/ 55, EASE, ONE 140/ red/ S, XL 340/ S/ LIVE, XXL 540/ S/ WTE, XXL 530S)
  • Your information sharing choice is stored when the software is updated so you don’t have to enter your choice again.
  • We have improved how cities with different names in different languages are handled.
  • We have improved the operation when in average speed zones.
  • Users in Brazil can now report safety cameras using the quick report button in the Driving View.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might want to edit "not" to "now"!

I believe it is a limitation of the software. Well, not a 'limitation' as such. More like protection such that a user can't make a post and come back later (next hour, a day, some days, weeks, etc.) to change the post to a spam message.

'Feature' is a better word. I think it's set for anything >10 minutes (or 15?) after initial post removes the 'edit' functionality from the post.

Chuckle .. yes, there's a time limit. I'll edit the post for you!

I believe it is a limitation of the software. Well, not a 'limitation' as such. More like protection such that a user can't make a post and come back later (next hour, a day, some days, weeks, etc.) to change the post to a spam message.

'Feature' is a better word. I think it's set for anything >10 minutes (or 15?) after initial post removes the 'edit' functionality from the post.
https://www.tomtomforums.com/t26709-ttf-upgrade.html#post153101

Well, since zengshengliu posted 15 minutes later that there is no Edit button, the 30 minute limit must have been changed by Ian in consultation with you moderators.

Just found this thread, very interesting reading.

I updated my Go730T a little over a month ago and since then I've had no RDS/TMC use. Really frustrating as I travel a lot for work and this feature was brilliant.

Certainly didn't see anything about TT taking away the use of it when I updated.
Been emailing them now for over a month and have had loads of generic 'do this, do that' emails but nothing working.:rant:

Was I a TT fan - Yes. Not so much now. If this can be sorted they'll get me back.

Anyone here tell me how to get my unit running properly again??

Note: I'm very unsavvy tech wise so it has to be explained in the KISS format. lol.:)

Not sure of current version. As it was updated about a month ago I'm guessing the latest.......

Definitely not that antenna. Using the older 'plug' style one. Been reliable up until the update.

Yes, I do think that older style may no longer work.

I suggest calling CS as it is more effective than emails:

United Kingdom
0845 161 0009
or 020 7387 5444

Monday-Friday:
9:00am to 5:30pm GMT

After several call and numerous emails I finally had contact with someone who thought it was interesting that this issue was on so many forums (after I pointed them out).
They have now suggested trying at new antenna which they are going to send me. Hopefully this will sort the problem. Once I have it and tried to see if it works I'll post an update.:)

I'm impressed and pleased that they offered to send you the new model. Not that it's not their problem for the configuration mismatch to begin with, but to just go ahead and do it without your having to make that specific request shows that someone there is making the 'appropriate' decision and is willing to do the right thing. More to the point, your 730 will have turned to dust long before the expiry occurs on this new model of cable, so there should be no issues there, either ... which is only right, given that you have a "T" model.

Good odds that a new RDS unit will function with the new code.

UPDATE - Well done TomTom.
I have now received the new antenna and the great news is my 730T now has the traffic bar back on, so I guess it at least recognises it.
However, that's where the good news ends. Have driven with it for over an hour and a half since yesterday and NO traffic updates have loaded, despite there being a massive situation on a motorway today, which luckily I knew how to avoid.

I just have the downloading arrow constantly working but nothing happening. Should the unit be locking automatically to a rds signal? How do I know if it has, and which one? Tried manually tuning to the listed channel for the UK but still nothing - back to being frustrated with this!

Basically, the newest version, 9.510, is what should be offered for a device that is not ancient.

Please put the details of you device into your profile or post them here.

The newest app for the one v3 is 8.010.

The newest for the rest on yor list is 7.903.

Ask a Question