New firmware (9.4) for old device, interesting

"... want to boot about 3 out of 5 times."

Under what circumstances? I referred to one situation in my post, but when does this happen to you?

Umm I just realize that after the 9.4 update, the voice breakup start again

"There is another route (I press ok) ...... that is ...... 10 minutes faster ...... do you want to ...... take that route?"
It also happen on the instruction too, but the breakup is only like 1 - 2 seconds apart

Ahh... THAT's what you meant by "breakup". When I read it in your other, similar post, I thought you meant distortion stuttering or cracking up.

I had the very large gaps between sections of the voice announcement on an earlier build (only on a TTS voice, real ones were OK), but since the very latest update it seems to have cured itself

Mostly fiddling around with safety cameras. France banned the display of red light and speed cams on devices like automotive GPS units, and TomTom had to do some scrambling to assure that their new concept worked for France without messing up everyone else.

Anybody know what is up when you go to the browse traffic icon and tap on a traffic incident on the map the unit freezes up and reboots? They need to fix that glitch.

What model, and RDS or Live traffic?

This was a surprise indeed. I was literally planning a trip to Costco to get a new GPS, as I was so ticked at TT's support that I was not going to give them any more money for maps, when I saw this update. I just installed it last night and only tried it this morning, but it does seem to make my Go630 start up more reliably. I don't like that it turned my sleek vertical status bar elements into bloated ugly wide elements, but switching to a horizontal status bar is a small price to pay if this fixes other issues, like constant dropping of the phone connection, and file errors saving settings. We'll see,

Does it have alpha-numerical addresses capabilities?

The GOx20/GOx30/GOx40 models will not support it.

Otherwise, yes, as long as you have maps released in summer 2009 or later.

another words if I update my map I will have alpha numerical addresses! I have update 9.430.
I have a Go 720. If not,,than what is the point of it? People want those addresses for older models.

I have a Go 720. If not,,than what is the point of it? People want those addresses for older models.

I included the GO720 when I said "GO x20". So no, you won't get those addresses.

You can call Tomtom and complain, but they really aren't prioritizing those older models. The only reason they launched 9.4 was because of regulatory requirements in Europe.

I included the GO720 when I said "GO x20". So no, you won't get those addresses.

You can call Tomtom and complain, but they really aren't prioritizing those older models. The only reason they launched 9.4 was because of regulatory requirements in Europe.
Greek and Russian addresses that no one cares about, but addresses that people need they don't do anything about. Unbelievable! Garmin here I come!

TT 520 9.4 with SD everything on SDcard. Alternative to reset if I cannot find a pin is to remove SDcard. Makes no difference id the satnav is on/ off. It reboots as from hard reset.
Have "lost" most voices (Yardie, computer most voices and my kids recordings) although tthome tell me they are on the device. Otherwise 9.4 is excellent
Hayden

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a TT One 3rd Editon with Navcore 7.166.
1) I see in the original post that Navcore 9.4 is available for One 3rd edition, How does one get 9.4? Home does not show any update available.
2) In past I have modified menus and added altimiter software etc. Was some time ago and I forget how I did everything. I have a .cab file for 7.166. How would I clear all the 'stuff' I previosly installed and reinstall 7.166 or 9.4 if available.

I don't know where that original quote came from in post #1.
If I look at the UK TomTom website, it says for v9.400:

Version 9.400
ONE IQ Routes Edition and Pearl, XL IQ Routes Edition / XL IQ Routes Edition 2 / XL (IQ Routes) Classic, XL IQ Routes LIVE, XXL / XXL Classic, Start 2 / Start Classic / Start XL but not Start 1, GO x20, GO x30, GO x40 LIVE, GO x50 (LIVE)

AFAIK, v8.010 is the current official software version for a ONE 3rd edition.

But that still doesn't explain why Home is noot offering it to you.

Are you SURE it's a 3rd edition? What does it say if you enter the first two characters of your serial number, HERE (UK site), or HERE (US site)

If you want to install fresh software, go to our FAQ/"articles" forum section and look for "Old style Tomtom Acting Up? - Part 2 - How To reinstall *fresh* Software using Home" but make sure you follow the other article How to BACKUP the contents of your unit to the computer (and how to RESTORE it!) first.

yes - ONE 3rd Edition - 1GB
I will check out the links later when I have more time. At a quick glance I'm not sure they explain how to restore from CAB file and also I want to delete everything other than maps so I can start absolutely clean without folders etc that have been created by moditying menus etc.
thanks for the info.

If you want to install the "correct" latest software version (i.e. v8.010) using Home, then you don't need to extract anything from cab files.Just follow the instructions in that first link.

If you want to install an earlier "correct" version, then you'll need to use a direct download link (which we can usually come up with) and extract the files using a utility such as WinRar.

If you want to try to install a "wrong" software version (e.g. v9.400), then you may well get some very odd results or a non-functioning unit.

Ask a Question