New firmware 9.022 installed - screen problems?

Hi All, firmware 9.026 (not 9.022)
I have a ONE 140S. I connected with tomtom home and it said I needed a new software/firmware upgrade. (9.026) I also loaded new 845 maps.
About everyother re-boot of the gps it has a very strange washed out color on the screen and at times will boot up with the screen completey off center.
I will turn it off and turn it back on and it is fine.
After 2 or 3 re-boots it does it all over agian.
Anyone else having problems with this firmware??
Should I go back to the older version ? And is it possible to go back and how??
Thanks!
Daisy :D

Last edited:
Try a reset on the unit. Hold the power button for about 10 seconds and see if that helps.

Yes, I did that. It booted up fine , but then on another reboot, it had same washed out colors..
I went back to the 8.415 version and it seems ok.
I guess the new version has a few bugs?

Guess I will avoid any tomtom firmware updates until I get the "all clear" for any bugs.. :) Just a shame they (tomtom) have not worked out the bugs for the 140s firmware yet.

Thanks

Last edited:
Yes, 9.026 has issues on the 3.5" screen models. It looks like the new app misinterprets certain serial numbers as a 4.3" model and gets the screen all screwed up.

Best thing is to stay on 8.415 and just wait until a bugfix app comes out.

I contacted tomtom support. However I got the canned response. Make sure your download was not corrupt, battery is charge, re-install the program etc..
Been there, done that.
I will stick with 8.415 until tomtom realizes a major bug and fixes the problem.

I have the same problem and reported that problem to TT. They issued an rma for a replacement unit. The replacement unit does exactly the same thing as soons as I updated to 9.026. Definately a software bug. I reported my finding to TT and they said they'll forward that info to engineer. I downgraded my app back to 8.415. I don't know what I'm giving up by downgrading. Does anybody know?

I think the 9.026 has smoother detailed maps. (not as jagged) and some new map colors. Other than that, I am not sure.
It would be nice if TT got it done sooner than later. They have had this 'bug' for quite some time on the 3.5" units.

I have had this problem for approx 1 year

I have had this problem with my 140S for approx 1 year, and TomTom does not even acknowledge that the issue even exists! At one time a moderator here suggested that certain serial number ranges of the 140 were being misinterpreted as larger screen units.

Last edited:
Unfortunate that TomTom seems to turn a blind eye on this problem.
I dont know if the problem lies in the serial numbers or what.. but it is just plain frustrating.
I have sent 4 emails to them and each time they said they would RMA the unit...Again!!
After my fifth email, I sent them a link to this forum and they said they would forward to technical dept.
Sheesh! No wonder my 2 brothers got rid of their 140's and bought garmins.

All I can suggest to those afflicted is to keep sending emails to tomtom and maybe, just maybe they may get their heads outta their 'you know whats' :)

have a good day anyway.. off to the beach! :D

I called in the past and they wanted me send my unit in as an RMA.
I took that it back to compusa (I still had receipt) Exchanged for another new one. tomtom home installed the 9.026 on the new 140s and still had problems with the screen and colors.
I brought it back to compusa and exchanged for a Garmin... Fixed the issue. :eek:

Of course this doesn't help those with the problem where they cant return it.
If TomTom askes you to send your unit back (RMA)... Dont do it, because the one they send you will still have problems with the 9.026 update.

Use the older 8.415 version and call tomtom until they realize they have a problem.

Just curious, for those who have an issue - what's the first two letters of your serial number on the bottom?

Does anyone with a 140 not have this issue? If anyone's screen works on 9.026, what's the first 2 characters of your serial number?

I think I found a simple work around to this problem. To power on without the inverted color screen, you 1st need to press the power switch for about 1/2 a seconds and release. Then press the power switch again to turn it on normally.

It seems like the unit need a pre-charge before the power up sequent take place.

This seems to be a very simple fix for TomTom. Just a 1/2 seconds delay before the software starts it's initialization. Anyway, works for me. :D

Fixed the issue but may have created another.
I put the 9.53 on both my IQ ONE units. Charged both overnight, but they still show as "charging" when they are in fact fully charged.
Anyone else have same problem? (I dont think this is normal) :p

Ask a Question