"New file enabling you to operate your TomTom available"

When on Operate My One "A new file enabling you to opera your TomTom device in Home is available. Do you want to update this file now?" is displayed everytime this option is used. The update felt free to delete my custom POI categories too...

If you updated to 8.01, then you want to delete the update and let home re-install 7.48 according to posts under 8.01 problems. I would check these posts out.

I had that same problem ("....Do you want to update this file now?" is displayed every time this option is used.) until I rolled back the update.

I figure that's a minor issue... 8.010 fixes so many more important problems I was having in 7.221 and 7.481 that I'm not willing to give it up.

They changed some icons to black too. Colored icons help differentiate POI's so that wasn't too helpful.

I'm not a big fan of the black & white icons....So it seems that all custom (non-MapShare) POIs are in color and the MapShareable POIs are in B&W. I preferred the color.

When on Operate My One "A new file enabling you to opera your TomTom device in Home is available. Do you want to update this file now?" is displayed everytime this option is used.

After my upgrade to 8.010, I received this message EVERY time I used TT Home to "Operate my Device". The download took a very long time EVERY time. Tonight, I was able to make it stop re-downloading this file every time I accessed "Operate my device"...

I shut down TT Home...I accessed the TT Home icon on the system tray, right clicked on it and chose exit. Then, I deleted all files from the following directory (Vista):
C:\Users\(MY USERNAME)\AppData\Roaming\TomTom\HOME\Profiles\( name ).default\extensions\

(There were 5 Navcore.xxxx folders in this directory which I deleted.)

I connected my device and started up TTH. I had to re-download the file the first time that I chose to "operate my device"....but did not have to redownload after that. Accessing operate my device is still pretty slow...but much faster than doing a redownload on top of other processing.

Last edited:

Ask a Question