new download 2535 m Live

Ahh the joys of 'MyTomTom'! :cool:

Don'cha just love these automatic downloads?
You have no way to know what they are and no way to stop them if you don't want them.

It's not consistent either... I have had some software downloads that have unannounced come like that, and others where it gives you a bit of a description and a button to click in the MyTT webpag.

It shipped with app 10.155, check if the app is now newer?

I'll try tonight when I get home and see what update I get.

Last edited:
I just received and installed the mystery item too. No change to app or map version.

The only promptless-install updates that I'm aware of are speed cameras. Perhaps it was one of the weekly speedcam updates.

doctormstein1,

Did you notice much faster GPS acquisition this morning?

It may have been a fluke, but otherwise maybe they gave us the first quickgpsfix?

doctormstein1,

Did you notice much faster GPS acquisition this morning?

It may have been a fluke, but otherwise maybe they gave us the first quickgpsfix?

Brought my unit home last night - so this morning was the maiden voyage. Brought the unit out of the house, set it on the dashboard (on the weighted base) turned it on -- and it acquired satellites in just a few seconds and was dead on -- perfect location. I had no prior TomTom experience to compare it to, but this is the fastest acquisition I've experienced with a GPS to date (including my garmin 755t and my blackberry - the latter being incredibly slow to acquire satellites in general).

Only played with the 2535M Live for a bit as of yet, but so far I'm impressed.

Ask a Question