new computer non-connection

TomTom Model(s)
ONE XL, VIA 1505M
i have a TomTom Via 1505M. connection to my last computer was a snap - plug into USB port and connection was instant. my new laptop (Dell Latitude E6430, O/S Win7(64)) refuses to recognize the connection of my device. am i missing something? :confused:

Odds are, you are expecting TomTom Home to recognize your new device (I see you have a ONE as well). Get the correct new software for these newer units here:

https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/mytomtom/getstarted/

WARNING! Do NOT register your new 1505 with the same email address as you were using for your ONE XL. TomTom associates your accounts with your units based upon your email address, and you need that new address to get your map updates for free on the 1505.

thank you canderson for your speedy reply.

when i acquired my new tomtom, i was not aware that i needed a new email addy. that having been said, i have been getting updates with no problem. it is only with this new computer that i have had problems with it not recognizing my device.

got it! :roll: the problem was incorrect software on my new computer.

but you bring up an interesting point: how can i get my updates when i haven't 'disconnected' my old ONE XL from my email?

So you had already installed MyTomTom on your new Win7/64 box before encountering these problems? In that case, you may be one of those who is having 64 bit issues. One recommendation is to run the MyTomTom/installer in XP compatibility mode.

One thing that's different -- your ONE XL looked like an external drive when connected to Home. Your new 1505 will look like a network adapter, so check there instead to see if it is appearing as a device.

If you are using your old ONE XL email address for your 1505, I'd be very curious to know what's happening with the map updates on that unit. Normally, having two units registered to the same address make hash of things back on the TT server.

Oops -- we cross posted. I assume you had Home loaded on the new PC instead of MyTomTom?

To 'unregister' a device from an email address, you'd have to call tech support and give them the serial # of the ONE XL that currently owns that email address.

HAVE you been able to update maps on your 1505 yet with the old address?!? Shouldn't work.

Oops -- we cross posted. I assume you had Home loaded on the new PC instead of MyTomTom?

To 'unregister' a device from an email address, you'd have to call tech support and give them the serial # of the ONE XL that currently owns that email address.

HAVE you been able to update maps on your 1505 yet with the old address?!? Shouldn't work.

yes i realize shouldn't work, but does. i will get the old one off my email addy soon.

thank you for the feedback

Ask a Question