New Beta Tom Tom Home

TomTom Model(s)
Go-920 App 9.465 Map N A 895.4438 C&W Europe 8.30 Magellan Explorist 710
New version of home is available today ( 2.7 Beta )
There is some nice changes in it that I see so far like manage your TT that shows the memory left on your internal & SD card

Last edited:
I have betas turned off. What's new that might make it worth the early upgrade?

A fresh new look,
- An improved process for installing items to your navigation device: HOME now smartly manages internal and external memory on your device and helps you making best use of available space.
- A new 'Manage my device' button now manages content on your device and your computer in one central location.
- If you purchased the same map for more than one device you only need to download it once.
- Windows 7 compatible
- Improved stability decreases the chance of error messages.

Buggy?

I just upgraded to the newest beta, and HOME can no longer log me in. Gives me all sorts complaints about the server giving empty replies and such. The latest official version still works nicely on my other computer, so I think it is a bug in the latest beta..

Yes, I certainly checked the username and password several times.

However, today it works so perhaps it was a temporary glitch after all?
Sorry about the false alert!

New version of home is available today ( 2.7 Beta )
There is some nice changes in it that I see so far like manage your TT that shows the memory left on your internal & SD card

The only problem that i see with this new update is that when trying to use manage your tomtom it takes about 5 minuits to load everything on your device and it also takes about 5 minuites to load what is on your computer. Generally speaking though the update is really nice and much more inforative about things in internal and external memory

Is there any UI changes in the navigation screen?

The thing that annoys me in the current version you cant really see the name of the current street that you are on, would be good if it had a background colour so it stands out more.

tomtom home default

Had to reset the settings of tomtom home to default. If anyone out their has the same problem of a long wait of loading things this link for me TomTom, portable GPS car navigation systems - Support home - Select your product

TomTom, portable GPS car navigation systems - Support home - Select your product

Just one suggestion before doing this. If you have an older version of maps or older applications that you want to keep do an explorer backup of these to somewhere else because everything other then what is needed to your present applicantion and map will be deleted.. The results however make it dramatically faster

Ask a Question