New application for RMA 730....????

TomTom Model(s)
GO730T
Got my replacement 730 yesterday. Went through and did a backup and proceeded to update the unit. It offered me map 845 (I have map subscription) and application 8.392. For this application I see a different colored scheme and it starts up by asking what kind of vehicle I am driving. The TT site still shows 8.351 has the current application for the 730 (I had this on the unit I returned).

Does anybody know anything about this application and why TT is offering this to 730 users?

I tried to "Operate my Go" but got an error message that this function was not supported. What's up with that?

Any information would be appreciated.

For whatever reason, some people are being offered 8.392 application. That is meant for the 730 WORK unit which, as I understand it, has slightly different hardware but, more importantly, is used in conjunction with a specialized map that has data imbedded involving truck information.

That's why you're being asked what kind of vehicle you have. If you were to input 'truck', it'll probably ask the size, weight etc.

But, that information is of no value for the 'normal' 845 map.

So, in the long run, there is no harm (other than the emulator not working) having that app installed but no benefit either.

I'd be inclined to uninstall the application and see if you can get offered 8.351, crappy as it is.....

snip... as I understand it, has slightly different hardware...snip
snip....I'd be inclined to uninstall the application and see if you can get offered 8.351, crappy as it is.....

Do you happen to know what these 'hardware' differences are? And, would I need to get TT T/S set me up with the 8.351 or would the system do it automatically if I un-installed the 8.351?

Thanks for your quick response do my question.

I'm not sure about the hardware difference. Now that I think of it, there may not be. My error.

You mean if you remove the 8.392?

After you backup the the contents and remove the application, when it offers you a new app, I think you can click on 'more info' to see additional information before the download.

I've tried manually installing 8.392 on my GO930, just to see if all the bugs in 8.351 are solved (sadly they're not).

If you want to move to 8.351, do this. If you want to move to 8.302 (more stable but no FM directions) follow the steps here.

Thanks mvl for the information. I have already installed 8.351. What other than FM (which I can live without) would I be missing with 8.302?

See this link for some of the changes that I was able to identify when 8.350 first came out. I saw no discernible difference between 8.350 and 8.351.

I didn't find out about the biggest issues: broken auto-adjustment of volume, and bluetooth handsfree crashing, until long after that post. So add them to the list.

Ask a Question