New App 8.35, FM instructions is back

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Go 620
New App for my TomTom 920
and I found that you can now use the FM instructions to the car radio
YEA
Also,they add a shadow under the car symbol?!?!
Wondering what else they change

Last edited:
An update related to App 8.35
You have to play music through FM in order to get the FM instruction to work
If you only select FM instructions but not music, it will not FM to your car, but instead, play on the internal speaker

You have to play music through FM in order to get the FM instruction to work
If you only select FM instructions but not music, it will not FM to your car, but instead, play on the internal speaker
Have you tried installing a silent mp3 track on the device and setting that to play over and over again, this way you only get the Nav instructions played via FM Tx - Mike

For me, because I listen to music at the same time, so it won't be a problem
But for other people who only wants to listen to the instructions, that is a good way to do it

Have you tried installing a silent mp3 track on the device and setting that to play over and over again, this way you only get the Nav instructions played via FM Tx - Mike

This is exactly what I did. All I did was opened up sound recorder and let it record for 20 minutes. I then saved it as a WAV file, then converted to MP3, and it works wonderfully on the TomTom. Just set the song to "repeat" over and over, and then you have FM transmission without music, all the time :)

This is exactly what I did. All I did was opened up sound recorder and let it record for 20 minutes. I then saved it as a WAV file, then converted to MP3, and it works wonderfully on the TomTom. Just set the song to "repeat" over and over, and then you have FM transmission without music, all the time :)
How large is that mp3 ,is it possible to make it available?If not what do you use to convert to mp3 and what bitrate do you use.I'm relatively computer literate ,but not all familiar with creating/converting mp3s.

Actually it doesn't work
When the mp3 pause, it will continues to play the instruction for like 10 to 15 seconds,
then when it recognize that no mp3 is playing, it will stop transmiting the signal through FM
so, the instruction will play through the TomTom speaker itself

Actually it doesn't work
When the mp3 pause, it will continues to play the instruction for like 10 to 15 seconds,
then when it recognize that no mp3 is playing, it will stop transmiting the signal through FM
so, the instruction will play through the TomTom speaker itself

You are correct....I've edited my post.

Ask a Question