New 920 Firmware - 8.301 - What Got Fixed?

Hello,

This is my first post but I have been a lurker and learner from all of you for a while - many thanks to all. Using Tom Tom Home, my 920 downloaded a new version of software today - 8.301, a little over 49 megabytes in size. This was an upgrade from 8.300 for me and I had few problems with my 920 except for the stuttering voice using the 8.300 software. I got rid of the stuttering by making my 920 keep track of fewer things in the preferences.

Anybody know what got fixed in 8.301?

Rick in Bossier City, LA.

Hello,

This is my first post but I have been a lurker and learner from all of you for a while - many thanks to all. Using Tom Tom Home, my 920 downloaded a new version of software today - 8.301, a little over 49 megabytes in size. This was an upgrade from 8.300 for me and I had few problems with my 920 except for the stuttering voice using the 8.300 software. I got rid of the stuttering by making my 920 keep track of fewer things in the preferences.

Anybody know what got fixed in 8.301?

Rick in Bossier City, LA.
Rumor has it that the only thing fixed in 8.301 was related to EPT in some Australian 900 series models (think of it as inertial navigation). Some folks were complaining about lock ups when out of satellite view. If you're not there (down under), it shouldn't matter.

Last edited:
b52bombardier1,

Also note that many of us LOST something with this update... the ability to use the Operate My Go function in TOMTOM Home.

We're waiting for a fix.

RD

b52bombardier1,

Also note that many of us LOST something with this update... the ability to use the Operate My Go function in TOMTOM Home.

We're waiting for a fix.

RD

I have the same poblem . I am not able to use Operate My Go feature. All I did was revert back to 8.300.9 version. If you look in "Cannot get 'Operate My Go' to work" thread and go down to user mvl, he points to the 8.3 firmware. Even though it says that it is for 930, it still works for 920.

Last edited:
NYTomTomUser,

I saved v 8.300.9 to my laptop... but the instructions that were provided, while appreciated, are a bit too non-direct for a newbie. Can you assist? FYI, I do have a TT930.

Thanks,
RD

NYTomTomUser,

I saved v 8.300.9 to my laptop... but the instructions that were provided, while appreciated, are a bit too non-direct for a newbie. Can you assist? FYI, I do have a TT930.

Thanks,
RD
Sorry, rangerd I think you were referring to my instructions.

Here is the cab files needed for a x30 device
You said you had a 930 so you need this one.
navcore_8.300.9732.go530-go730-go930.cab

Is someone else visiting has a x20 device here is the cab for them
navcore_8.300.9732.gox20.cab
(There are the same thing inside except for some birthday files in the TomTom-Cfg folder have different dates
- again getting to technical and they remained on your Go after the 8.301 update so no need to replace them -)

I was trying to save on read/writes to your Go to prolong it's life.
You don't need to extract the whole cab contents over those already on your device.
Most instructions will have you do this.

You just need to extract ttsystem back over and replace the one that was put there by 8.301

I don't know what program you have installed and associated with cab files.
You may be able to just click on the cab and it will open and you can drag out the ttsystem file.

If that does not work you can install something like WinRAR (shareware/demo) or do it for free with another program.

I was writing instructions that use expand a DOS program that is included with every version of windows and is free and already installed.

Hopefully these instructions are better.
1. Right click TomTom Home in the system tray and select exit
Do this so it will not have the possibility of locking access to a file.

2. Save navcore_8.300.9732.go530-go730-go930.cab to My Documents
3. Start a Dos Prompt (Windows Key + R) or Start and then Run, or look in the Accessories folder in the Start menu for "Command Prompt"
4. Type in cmd and press enter
It will display a command prompt C:\Documents and Settings\UserName>_
UserName will be something unique and the _ will be flashing
5. Type in cd "My Documents"
you can start typing my and press tab and it should autocomplete
6. Type in expand navcore_8.300.9732.go530-go730-go930.cab -F:ttsystem c:
Again after you type in expand you can start typing in navecore and press tab and it should autocomplete
You would then just need to add the space and -F:ttsystem c:

That should extract ttsystem to "My Documents"
You can then just copy ttsystem from My Documents to your TomTom Go
and say yes to replace.

If you know the drive letter of your TomTom Go you could also type in
expand navcore_8.300.9732.go530-go730-go930.cab -F:ttsystem x:\
replacing x with the drive letter of your TomTom and it will extract it to your TomTom Go and also ask if you want to replace.

Yes, I know a very lengthy post just to say all you need to replace is ttsystem to revert back to a 8.300.9732 firmware/navecore

Last edited:
Here are some simple instructions
Download ttsystem and replace the one on your Go

The download is hosed by Mediafire if you can't download from there let me know and I will try another or PM me your email and I will send you the file if you can receive a 7.56 MB attachment

That or TomTom should be making available the require dll files to have 'Operate My Go' to work some time soon.

But I have seen a statement like that before with the stuttering (I mean faltering voice) so who knows when.

When you get the map from TomTom, it'll select the proper map for your unit. The 920 and 930 map is essentially the same but you can't copy the 930 map from another unit and put it on your own unit. Doesn't work that way.

Ask a Question