New 500 Go lifetime maps

I will not be using mine outside UK and I've uninstalled the Europe maps. Do I need to reinstall them to get updates for the UK map? Or does the UK map come separately?
Many thanks.

What were you going to do with the extra space if you had it? Even large custom POI (point of interest) files don't take up a lot.

I had written a long reply at work last night, but I must have logged off before I sent it! :(

The gist of it was:
1. I'd be REALLY surprised if you got a unit with individual maps for the UK as well as for Europe when you bought it.
The UK mapping has always been included in the full Europe map on "Europe models" and you only got an individual UK map if you bought a "UK only" model.

So unless you BOUGHT a new UK map and put that on the unit instead, then I'm really interested to know how you managed to do what you say you've done! If there was only ONE map on board (Europe and the UK), you can't uninstall parts of it.

So some more precise details of what you've done would be great.

2. As dhn has now said, what was the point of uninstalling the Europe map? What were you intending to do with the space you've recovered? It's not like old PCs where you needed a large hard disk buffer space for the system to cache to.

Ask a Question