new 130, no maps included?

I just bought a new 130 from target and have been trying to set the devicde on my computer. i went to update mapsand it told me i had to purchase one. i was kind of surprised there isnt a map included with the purchase of a new unit, but maybe i should have researched more before i bought it. am i correct that a new device does not come with a map?

When you turn your unit on, does it work? Can you navigate somewhere? If so, then you have a map.

You no doubt have the most recent map, so there is nothing to upgrade to.

Oh dear! There are many who have had this problem. Try doing a search of this forum for "no map found". If you can't find a solution, then you'll have to call Customer Service.

(The map is surely on the unit. It just can't 'see' it, for some reason. Connect your unit to the computer and use Windows Explorer to look at the contents. You should see a map folder obviously named 'USA_Canada' or whatever.)

No maps found

I had the same problem. I searched the net for hours for a fix. Stayed up until 230am working with it and could not find a fix online. Got up the next morning and made 5 phone calls to tomtom. Each phone call was a waste of time. Their customer support SUX!

The support rep did not want to hear my complaint and got very rude with me!

I finally got wise and took my 130 piece of JUNK back to the store and bought me a MIO!!

Best move I have ever made. Customer support is a lot better and no problems out of the box. Made a 650 mile trip that same afternoon and it got me there with no problems!!

I will not buy another dumbdumb nor suggest a dumb dumb again!!

I had the same problem. I searched the net for hours for a fix. Stayed up until 230am working with it and could not find a fix online. Got up the next morning and made 5 phone calls to tomtom. Each phone call was a waste of time. Their customer support SUX!

The support rep did not want to hear my complaint and got very rude with me!

I finally got wise and took my 130 piece of JUNK back to the store and bought me a MIO!!

Best move I have ever made. Customer support is a lot better and no problems out of the box. Made a 650 mile trip that same afternoon and it got me there with no problems!!

I will not buy another dumbdumb nor suggest a dumb dumb again!!

Service reps generally only get rude if you are rude first. I have had to deal with some dumb and/ot poorly trained ones - but never rude.

The fix as probably pretty easy - unless the unit was somehow wiped clean - then you simply needed to exchange it. No need to spend all night and make 5 calls......

Whether you believe it or not, it happened.

dumb dumb customer NO service is just that. Something to add to the frustration of a major problem they have with their equipment.

I had a trip to make the next day, that is why I stayed up trying to get the dumb dumb to work.

Called customer service. The 1st time got a brush off. They tell me there is not problems just go to this website it will answer all your problems. NOT!

2nd thru 5th times, still the run around.

I did finally exchange it for a better system. NO MORE DUMB DUMBS for me!

Your attitude here indicates to me that you were rude to the representative (s) you spoke with. I had occasion to call TT support and other than spending a half hour on hold, the rep I spoke with was very courteous and helpful. She did ask me to read off the serial # on my unit which was nearly impossible due to the extremely small type used, but, on the whole, my experience with TT tech support was infinitely better than what I'm used to elsewhere.

Again, my attitude here sux because of the $#!TTY service received by the dumb dumb customer NO support line.

I guess you may have gotten a person who actuall cared about helping you, but the 1st 3 calls were the same woman. She really seemed peeved that I kept calling.

I wouldn't have had to call if the system worked like it was supposed to. The dumb dumb engineers really made a piece of JUNK when they made this thing. They have problems with it and either do not want to fix it or can';t but keep selling the crap.

Oh well, my suggestion to anyone is to NOT buy this garbage!!

Glad you had better service than I.

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. But mine was very good. No, excellent. She sounded like she knew what she was talking about, was very apologetic about the delay (it was a long time on hold), and sounded very sincere about wanting to provide good customer service.

In fact, if all calls I made were as positive as this one, I wouldn't mind calling businesses customer service.

By the way, my son called on his too, on something he didn't understand, and he told me they were very pleasant and helpful. Maybe we're just lucky.

Oh yeah, and my suggestion to anyone is to buy a tomtom. Very satisfied with this product. I was going to buy a Garmin, because I've owned a Garmin eTrex Legend for years. I'm glad I went with TT.

Last edited:

Ask a Question