Need your advice for new TomTom.

Hi,

I would like to get a TomTom with the following (no Bluetooth because my car already has). Please advice, budget is less than $300.00. Which model of TomTom I should get for the best price.

GPS A
a-TTS
b-A lot of POI

or

GPS B
A lot of POI.

Thank you.

Considering your budget, it looks a TomTom ONE New Edition or TomTom ONE Third Edition.

If you want TTS, for a little bit more money a TomTom ONE XL*S is something you might consider.

As far as POI's, that usually depends on the map you get. You can always find and download some here for free.

Thank you for your advices. I think the TomTom One XL S too.

There is a reason that I like more POI, for example you can search for a company name using POI (I used the Nuvi 360 when I search for company name like "Verisign" near by where I am; it gave me a few to choose from). This become very handy.

If I remember right, the Garmin Nuvi 360 has 8 Millions POI (I don't like the Nuvi 360 because the flip up antenna).

I wonder how many POI does this preloaded?

Thanks again.

I think its hard to say how many POIs it will come with, but like digital-flex said, they depend on the mapping data from Tele Atlas. It will have millions, and you can always download more, but I've been happy with the pre-installed POIs on my TomTom.

Do you know which local store that they have display Tomtom to test before buy (like display camcorder at best buy, Frys etc..).

Thanks.

I'm not sure actually. You could try Best Buy or another electronics store. I would just call them ahead of time and see if its possible. Or if you know anyone with the device your looking at I would suggest borrowing one. I borrowed the ONE XL from a co-worker when I was looking at that device. I'm actually planning on borrowing the 720 this weekend from a friend just to play around and get more familiar with it.

Hi Pedro2NR and Uncle Ben,

Thank you for your help. I went to Best Buy and try out. I searched for Verisign and Sun Mic near by Redwood City, California.

1-Tomtom non of them can find these company even Tomtom has Company category to seach.

2-Magellan the 3100 can not find; however Magellan 3250 and 4050 (with 6 million POI) give the results which I searched for.

3-Garmin all Garmin found the search (Garmin C330, Garmin 200, Garmin 360 etc).

None of them is perfect fit for me, I have to find the best fit for me.

Thanks again,
ggcc

Good luck on the search
Let us know if you have any other questions.

FYI: you could never go wrong with custom POIs.

Ask a Question