Need some serious help ASAP, 130S

Hi all, we got my father a TomTom 130?S as a gift, and I was downloading updates and we've encountered a problem:

1. To make room for an update to the Text-To-Speech on Samantha (US), it deleted the old one, then tried putting an update on. Now it says that it's not supported by our device.

2. I try booting, and I get the red circle with the X and it won't boot.

Help, we were leaving on a trip tomorrow so I don't know what to do. I've tried the uninstall/reinstall of everything but the maps, the Clear Flash tool, and nothing. Thank you in advance everyone, any help is appreciated

I don't suppose you have made a backup (Explorer) prior to trying the update? Do you have at least the backup of the map that came with the unit? If you just got the unit, you are eligible for the newest map within 30 days of first use. Did you take advantage of that?

The point is that you want to have a copy of the existing map somewhere on the computer. The red X signifies the unit can't find the operating system. What do you see when you use Explorer to view the contents of the unit? Do you see folders, especially a map folder, and loose files in the root of the unit?

Have you tried a reset of the unit? I believe for your model, that means holding the power button for about 15 seconds. When you do that, does the unit boot up?

If DHN's steps don't work, try the following steps -
1) close tomtom HOME
2) run a windows chkdsk/f on the tomtom
3) delete all loose files on the root folder of the tomtom (not anything in folders)
4) delete the entire vocalizer, voices, and found folders (if present)
5) rename mydocuments\tomtom to mydocuments\tomtombackup
6) open tomtom HOME, go to Update my ONE, and download anything it offers (if nothing is offerred, click the blue disconnect icon on the lower right, start up the tomtom until it shows the red X, and then plug it in again and retry the upgrade)
7) once fully upgraded to application 8.01, download the samantha voice (and mandy as a backup)

Last edited:

Ask a Question