Need more memory for app. update

TomTom Model(s)
Go510
Hi Folks, I am new to this forum and I would appreciate some help with my Go510. I need to update the application but there is insufficient memory on the card to enable this. I have backed up everything. There are only two voices on it at the moment and I can't see what else there is to delete to free up some space. I'm not the most technicallly minded of people when it comes to computers etc, so is there an easy remedy for my problem? Any help would be great, many thanks, Paul.

If you are talking about just updating the application, not map, I can't believe there isn't enough space as Home overwrites system files with the updated ones.

That said, if you REALLY need more space, then you can remove one of the voices. Also, use Explorer to look at the contents of the license folder. Delete anything that doesn't have EN_UK in the file name (you can actually dump all of them, for that matter).

Use Explorer to see if anything is in the raster folder. If there is, dump it. No loss.

That's a start.........

Hi and thanks for your prompt reply, the device or memory card has a capacity of 241.4mb with free space of 2.8mb. The latest application requires 16.7mb, the existing one is 10.8mb. so I need to free up about 5mb. Home page suggests moving 2 map related items (Europe basic) 0.3mb and Gt.Britain 9.4mb. The two voices make up 1.3mb of memory. The raster file contains 293kb and licences contain 385kb. Still not sure what to do. Also you seem surprised that there is insufficient memory, so I am hoping that perhaps there are other things that I could delete to free up more space. Thanking you for your time and patience in advance, Paul.

I thought that model could handle a 1 gig sd card.

Why try to squish stuff onto a 250 meg card? Prices are not expensive.

Ask a Question