Need help with POI

I just got my TOMTOM GO910. I have no clue how to work this thing out.
I am a newbie
I do constraction work in Canada sometimes I have to ask some people for the nearest home depot or any other lumber store, and I was wondering if I can add a list of all the home depots and ronas as my point of interest.
I was reading in one of the forums that you can make your own POI. please help.

Welcome Marcel.
Check the POIs for Canada section of this site. You might find that what you are looking for is already posted. If not, make your request int he Request for POIs and someone will make them for you.

If you rather make them on your own, you can try http://www.poi2go.com/poi2go/

Welcome Marcel.
POI2Go is having some problems right now

What you want to do is use TomTom's POIs.
Click on 'Navigate to'
select 'Point of Interest'
select 'Near you'
I would suggest to click on 'Any POI category': You might have to select a distance.
If not manually select your category by selecting the next 'arrow'
Type in the business you want. example: 'Home Depot;
and select 'Done'
It will do a word search of the business you are looking for.
Select the one you want to navigate to and it will ask you what type of route should be plan

Tip!: If your TomTom can't find the POI, try using less words. The less words you use when typing in a business, your unit will likely find something.

And once you have your ONE long enough you too will follow fanchee and be a ONE'r (so still a mini-fan) haha ;)

But to be fair, I REALLY wanted to keep both. Pedro, it'll be tough to let go of the TTS and remote, since you are used to those. :)

Maybe I want my 910 back..... hehe.

Thanks guys
I found the home depot canadian file for tomtom go 910 but I have no clu how to load this file into my tom tom
The file is on my computer I have the tomtom home software installed on my computer, please help.
Thank you in advance.

Connect your TT to the computer, then find it in the "my computer" window and double click it, there should be a "North America or USA & Canada" folder, open that and copy them in there and then your set. After you do that make sure that they are enabled on your TT. To do that disconnect it from the computer and go to the menu, preferences, enable POI's, then scroll to you see the ones that you just loaded and make sure they have a check mark beside them. After that have fun finding them on your trips.

The POI 'home depot' has only a Toronto area stores I would like to add to the home depot file stores from Mississauga and surrounding area. I have a POI Editor but it is asking me for long. and atti..
My question is: how do i find thosse parameters of each store, I have the adresses of each store which I would like to add?
please help.
Thanks in advance.

When I do that... I use google earth to get the long/lat. Make sure you changeyour options to decimal, not degrees...

and zoom in best you can to get thee exact coords

Ask a Question