Need help with planning Itinerary ..Please

I tried to set up a Itinerary from Charleston WV to North Myrtle Beach to no avail. Can someone please help me I'm stuck. I'm having problems putting in rt #'s. I'm wanting to plan by RT #'s is this possible.
If someone could help me I would appreciate It... For example.

*I'm leaving Charleston WV taking 64 east to 77 South...

*then I'm wanting to take 74 east to 52 south TO Lexington...

*then take 64 east to Asheboro..

*then 220 So. to Rockingham ...

* Then take 74 east to Bennettsville

*then take 38 south to 501

* then 22 East to kings Highway.

Thanks ALL

This should work (I hope:confused: ). I used 'Point on Map' when building the itinerary.

I've attached the itinerary file. But you will have to change it's name from 'Myrtle.txt' to 'Myrtle.itn'. (The forum software wouldn't let me upload a file with an '.itn' file extension, so I changed it to '.txt'. You'll have to change it back.)

Then save the file into the 'itn' folder on your TomTom.

Now turn on your TomTom, go to 'Itinerary Planning', 'Options', 'Load Itinerary' and select 'Myrtle'. To test it, you will need to have a satellite lock.

IN the future, when you create your own itinerary, each point on the route will be marked as a 'Destination'. You have to go over the list, clicking on each entry and change them all to 'Waypoints' EXCEPT for the last one, which must stay as a destination.

Attachments

• Myrtle.txt
    365 bytes · Views: 377
-8151082|3819919|I 64 Eb/I 77 Sb W Virginia Tpke|0|... what's the numbers before the I64,,the -8151028/3819919..is this something it generated when save the file.

Connect your TT to the computer. (Shut down the Home program if it pops up), and open Windows Explorer (My Computer). You will see the TT as a hard drive.

Look for the 'itn' folder. If one doesn't exist, create it. Then just drop your 'myrtle.itn' file into it.

Disconnect the TomTom and boot it up. Go to 'Itinerary Planning', 'Options', 'Load Itinerary'. Load the 'myrtle' itinerary and press 'Done'.

You need to have a satellite fix to continue. When you get the fix, let it navigate to your destination. You can check the route out in detail on 'Browse map'.

Thanks to all who help me.. I will start playing and try to program my tomtom one using itinerary.. I tyed doing this on my comp. and it a little easier. Maybe someone can try to work up a program to use with your comp. that will be user friendly where all you have to do is enter the RT's you want to travel and copy it into your TT1.. Thanks Again All....

Ask a Question