need help to make room.???

on my xxl 540 what can i delete that is not realy needed to make room on drive. i mean there are points of interest that are of no interest to me help files i see no use for them gas station i never use i'm more of a citgo getty amoco mobil/exxon
thanks

Use Explorer and look in your specific map folder (USA_Canada??) See if there are any cspeechxxx.dat files. If so, remove them. They are meant for Advanced Speech Recognition models which the 540 is not (requires a microphone).

These files are NOT for text to speech.

Use Explorer and look in your specific map folder (USA_Canada??) See if there are any cspeechxxx.dat files. If so, remove them. They are meant for Advanced Speech Recognition models which the 540 is not (requires a microphone).

These files are NOT for text to speech.

no there are no files with that name at all
CAPACITY=1.84 GB
FREE SPACE=123 GB

You can't delete some pois from the poi.dat file included.

You can use Home's Manage my DEvice, device tab, to remove any recorded voices (not computer) that you might have installed. Use Explorer to go to the art/cars folder and remove any car icons you won't need. Go to the license folder and delete any files without US_ENG in the filename. If there is anything in the raster folder, you can probably delete it.

You can't delete some pois from the poi.dat file included.

You can use Home's Manage my DEvice, device tab, to remove any recorded voices (not computer) that you might have installed. Use Explorer to go to the art/cars folder and remove any car icons you won't need. Go to the license folder and delete any files without US_ENG in the filename. If there is anything in the raster folder, you can probably delete it.

thanks will try that

I guess you meant 123MB free, but what are you trying to create more room for?

POI files don't take up much room at all, but you're not going to be able to make enough room for another map.

Ask a Question