Need Help same problem new unit

Ok,

As I have previously mentioned I've exchanged the non-working unit with another. This morning I unpacked the unit turned it on and it worked. Then remembering the failure to backup the first unit. I attempted to backup the new one. Several attempts to get TomTom Home to recongize the new TomTom connect to my computer, failed then it finally acknowledge and it. I thought I was in business. However, during the backup the unit seemed to fail, and wasn't recongized. and now its on - but not functioning. I tap the screen and nothing. I haven't hit reset yet, because I'm afraid that's what happened to the first TT. Again I contacted Best Buy and they suggested I bring the unit back and exchange it for a new one. (Thier answer to ever question apparenty) I purchased a 4yr service plan for this unit. They stated they'd send it out for repair, or exchange it. But I can't run to Best Buy and exchange the unit everytime I try to backup the unit. I need to get the TT back up and running. Will hitting the reset button do that? Then how can I backup the unit up without these same problems recurring? I'm really disappointed with Best Buy and the Tom Tom unit now. Are all GPS devices like this one? Do they all require the customer to do a backup? Any recommendation?

Thanks
Mark

I would return the unit again since you have a service plan as it looks like it crapped out.

Do you have a Mac or a PC?

If you have a Mac, do you have the latest updates? There are some USB problems where the Mac update fixes.

If you have a PC, once you connect it, use windows exploerer to copy the entire contents of the device to the hard drive. Don't use TT HOME.

One Xl

I am reading all of the problems you folks are having with Verizon Wireless in trying to connect to the TT Plus traffic feature. I have a LG VX8300 and bought the ONE XL. Any suggestions on how to get the wireless data to operate? TT tries to connect and after 2 or 3 attempts it gives up. Phone looks like it is connecting but ultimately does not accept the TT.

Is the other traffic program supposed to go live in the US soon? Anybody had any experience with that one?

Ask a Question