Need Help New 2535 not as good as my ONE 3rd Edition

I have an old TT one 3rd edition that I love. I have been using Tyre to plan trips and motorcycles routes using the roads I choose. Well it's map is way old so for Christmas my sweetheart got me a new TT GO 2535M Live. Will i plug it into my PC and it isn't seen. After doing some reading here I find I will never use TYRE with it. SO I will be returning to. What I want to know is what is the newest TT model with a 5 inch screen that will function the same at my old faithful ONE 3rd edition.
I want to be able to do Itinerary planning in Tyre and sent to my TT. I also want to be able to copy POI files to it directly.

I was complete access by connecting to my PC via USB

Help. I really like my TOM TOM but will but another brand if I need to to keep using TYRE or a comparable program.

Then look for a 540 model which has full Itinerary Planning, etc.

Amazon has good deals on them, apparently.

None of the new units can be viewed as an external storage device. They are accessed by the MyTomTom software. None of the new units will accept the old style *.itn itinerary files, and any planning on the unit itself has a maximum of 4 points (not the old way with 48 points in an itinerary, and as many itineraries as you could store).

What you want to find, while you still can, is the XXL540. There are FANTASTIC deals on the XXL540TM model on Amazon .. less than $100 with a lifetime map subscription. If you must have the kind of functionality we're talking about above, I'd jump on one quickly while they are still available.

Link => http://www.amazon.com/TomTom-Widesc...P2CY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325091319&sr=8-1

Yeah - took me longer to post because I had to find that link!

Remember, you NEED to register the activation code for the 'M' (lifetime maps). Do it by calling CS at 866-486-6866. Trying online seems to be a futile effort for most.

The activation code should be on a little card in the box of materials.

Ask a Question