Need Help....My PC is not reading TT via USB...?

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One V4
I can't get my PC to read the TT when plugged in USB. My OS is Windows ME. Is this my problem...??? I did install the TT Home software from the disc. Need help..! Please.

Thanks

I believe it is Windows ME

Hi Werloc ...

I believe the problem is that Windows ME (just like Win98 & 95) do not automatically recognize the TomTom as a "Mass Storage Device". Only Windows 2000 and up (Win 2000/XP/Vista) have this capability. Otherwise, you will need a device driver.

Unfortunately, I do not know if TT has a device driver for older Windows.

Hope this helps,
Vuman

Hi Werloc ...

I believe the problem is that Windows ME (just like Win98 & 95) do not automatically recognize the TomTom as a "Mass Storage Device".
Wrong, Windows Me not like win95/98, it recognizes "Mass Storage Device" automatically.
It might be other reason for Me and TomTom, try to test on XP

The divice is showing on my the tool bar ONLY, bottom right where running program icons are, and the Volume & Clock is. When I mouse over it, it only has the option to close. Same when I click on it. It also gives me an error message when I unplug the TT saying: You must close or sut down divice before disconecting.

I don't know. I've had problems running programs that are newer. I guess I need to get an up to date PC. Just can't for a while due to (lack of) funds. I bought the TT because I'm starting a new job that requires driving from office to office, so I figured it would come in handy. Now, I see the stuff you can do with the TT like changing/adding voices, POIs, splash screens, etc., and want to make changes. I can't seem to leave anything alone....:rolleyes:

It seems to be fairly common not to be able to connect with the HOME version from the disc. I had the same problem. I downloaded the latest version of HOME from the TomTom website and since then my ONE has connected fine.

Jim

I would think that I would have the latest version. I just bought this new 3 days ago.

USB or USB2 ports?

My TT will only connect to my computer via the USB2 ports, yes I have both on mine a PIII running XP Pro. I installed a USB2 card for my printer/scanner and a CD DVD burner.

Yeah, I got it working a few days ago. I posted all about it on another thread. I had to hook up the TT to USB, turn on, with PC off. When I booted up the PC, it was found as a new device. All is working A-OK now.

Thanks guys...:D

Ask a Question