Need Help....My PC is not reading TT via USB...?

Discussion in 'General TomTom Discussion' started by Werloc, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Werloc

Werloc

TomTom Model(s):
    TomTom One V4
    I can't get my PC to read the TT when plugged in USB. My OS is Windows ME. Is this my problem...??? I did install the TT Home software from the disc. Need help..! Please.

Thanks

Werloc, Sep 20, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Werloc

Vuman

TomTom Model(s):
    One
    I believe it is Windows ME

Hi Werloc ...

I believe the problem is that Windows ME (just like Win98 & 95) do not automatically recognize the TomTom as a "Mass Storage Device". Only Windows 2000 and up (Win 2000/XP/Vista) have this capability. Otherwise, you will need a device driver.

Unfortunately, I do not know if TT has a device driver for older Windows.

Hope this helps,
    Vuman

Vuman, Sep 20, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Werloc

cgigate

Wrong, Windows Me not like win95/98, it recognizes "Mass Storage Device" automatically.
    It might be other reason for Me and TomTom, try to test on XP

cgigate, Sep 20, 2007
  4. Werloc

Werloc

TomTom Model(s):
    TomTom One V4
    The divice is showing on my the tool bar ONLY, bottom right where running program icons are, and the Volume & Clock is. When I mouse over it, it only has the option to close. Same when I click on it. It also gives me an error message when I unplug the TT saying: You must close or sut down divice before disconecting.

I don't know. I've had problems running programs that are newer. I guess I need to get an up to date PC. Just can't for a while due to (lack of) funds. I bought the TT because I'm starting a new job that requires driving from office to office, so I figured it would come in handy. Now, I see the stuff you can do with the TT like changing/adding voices, POIs, splash screens, etc., and want to make changes. I can't seem to leave anything alone....:rolleyes:

Werloc, Sep 20, 2007
  5. Werloc

JimC1702

TomTom Model(s):
    ONE
    It seems to be fairly common not to be able to connect with the HOME version from the disc. I had the same problem. I downloaded the latest version of HOME from the TomTom website and since then my ONE has connected fine.

Jim

JimC1702, Sep 20, 2007
  6. Werloc

Werloc

TomTom Model(s):
    TomTom One V4
    I would think that I would have the latest version. I just bought this new 3 days ago.

Werloc, Sep 20, 2007
  7. Werloc

graemet

TomTom Model(s):
    One US & Canada
    USB or USB2 ports?

My TT will only connect to my computer via the USB2 ports, yes I have both on mine a PIII running XP Pro. I installed a USB2 card for my printer/scanner and a CD DVD burner.

graemet, Sep 24, 2007
  8. Werloc

Werloc

TomTom Model(s):
    TomTom One V4
    Yeah, I got it working a few days ago. I posted all about it on another thread. I had to hook up the TT to USB, turn on, with PC off. When I booted up the PC, it was found as a new device. All is working A-OK now.

Thanks guys...:D

Werloc, Sep 25, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question