Need Cspeech Files Please

Hello,

I need the cpeech files for the Tomtom 720. They are not on my computer in the Tomtom Home directory nor are they in the device iteself. When I bought the Tomtom 720 it already had the latest map so I have not downloaded any maps since then to my hard drive.

Could anyone provide the Cpeech files somehow please?

Much appreciated.

What map version do you have? (tap the satellite bars and see the FIRMWARE version installed. Tap the version number to see the MAP version and build installed).

NA map 7.10 and newer DO have the cspeech files included in the map folder.

The firmware is 8.300. The map is North America v8.15. v815 already came loaded on the device. I believe when the latest version is already on the device it does not include the cspeech files. They only become available if you need to use the map guarantee and download a new map. I can confirm this is the case since my map is 1.2GB and the version on Tomtom's web site is 1.5GB. I checked all of the relevant folders and there are no cspeech files.

Any help would be appreciated.

You SHOULD have had the larger map file installed. If you use Home and go to Add Maps, what is listed? Do you see the NA map offered as a download and, if so, when you click 'more info', is it the larger sized version?

If so, I'd remove my map from the unit (don't delete it, just move the folder to the pc) and dl the larger one and install.... but make sure you do a full Explorer, not Home, backup first. Ensure hidden files/folders are showing.

However...........

if you are not offered a larger NA map, call support at 866-486-6866 and thell them you want the LARGER NA map added to your account for downloading. You ARE entitled to it.

Thank you for the advice. When I use Home it does offer the larger NA map of 1.5GB, however there is a price listed next to it even though I already have this map on the device. Is it supposed to be free since I already have it? I will try to call support and see if they will place the larger map in my account.

Thanks again

hate to ressurect a dead thread, but I've got exactly the same issue...

recently purchased my go 720.
original
SW: 7.010
Map: 705.1481
no cspeech files and no voice command options in the menu

did a complete explorer backup

updated SW and downloaded the free NA map update via HOME
HOME said the download size was 1.5GB (implying that there would be cspeech files in it)
but after the update was complete,
I check my NA2GB folder and no cspeech files folder size is about 1.2GB

current:
SW: 8.351
Map: 830.2284

anyone have any Ideas on how to go from here
or does anyone have the cspeech files for the NA 830 map that I could try and add manually?

Look in the location of your downloaded compressed .cab folder. The default location is here:

C:\Documents and Settings\(yourname)\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\map

And you probably will find the csspeech files in the map folder when you look at the contents using winrar or similar. If so, extract the files from there and put them in the NA map folder on your unit.

If they are NOT there, call support at 866-486-6866.

Thanks!
the cspeech files were in there, extracted those over to my NA folder and it worked. I'm a happy camper now!

note to anyone else reading this, I also had to add the support_asr.dat file to even get the speech recognition icons in there in the first place. without the cspeech files, they are greyed out though.

I've searched everywhere and I can't find any cspeech_xx.dat files.
anyone know where I can download them from for my 720
Thanks.

That's an old map (as you know). While most 710 maps were shipped with the cspeech files included, some were not. Unless your 710 map is an update from what you first had on your unit, you may need to update your map to current to get the speech files.

Use Home to look for items on my computer. Do you see a map listed? If so, navigate there and look in your location on the computer for downloads (documents and settings/yourname/documents/ tomtom/home/downloads/complete/map) [or something like that] and look in the compressed cab file to see them. If so, extract them to the map on the computer.

btw, there really is no reason to have the current application (8.351) with an old version 7 map. But, that's beside the point.

Ask a Question