Need a new TomTom

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom one/ TomTomXXL 540S/Tomtom Go Live 1535m / TomTom Go 50S
Hello guys,

I'm in the market for a new TomTom GPS and I need your knowledge and advice to be sure that the new models come with Live traffic for Canada and which to get.

While I was watching a few videos and reading some info and I learned that they new series comes with Live Traffic but you need to have it connected to your phone in order to work so I have a few questions.

1- How Much data will this take from my phone having in mind that I will used it at least 4-5 hours everyday?

2- Will I Still be able to connect my phone to the car while it's connected as well with my TomTom device?

Thanks in advance and please correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:
Dhn,

I see that you have one these new devices that need your phone for traffic and i was wondering if you could please tell an approximate of how much data it takes for the amount of time you use it?

The most I've been able to chew up in an 8 hour weekday of driving here is about 4MB. Given you're in Montreal, I'd expect it would be that much or a bit more.

Hello guys,

I'm in the market for a new TomTom GPS and I need your knowledge and advice to be sure that the new models come with Live traffic for Canada and which to get.

While I was watching a few videos and reading some info and I learned that they new series comes with Live Traffic but you need to have it connected to your phone in order to work so I have a few questions.

1- How Much data will this take from my phone having in mind that I will used it at least 4-5 hours everyday?

2- Will I Still be able to connect my phone to the car while it's connected as well with my TomTom device?

Thanks in advance and please correct me if I am wrong.

... i was wondering if you could please tell an approximate of how much data it takes for the amount of time you use it?
I have very little use with my GO 600 here in the East of Toronto.
I have a $10.00 for 100 MB / month plan with Telus.
I am surprised to see that I used 29.43 MB of data from Dec 22 to Jan 21.

Ask a Question