Navigator 7 for Palm?

Anyone know if Tomtom has plans to update its PDA version for the Palm platform? Seems like many developers are abandoning this older, stagnant?, but still widely used OS. I'm taking it as a given that Windows/Pocket PC will still be supported.

I for one would love to continue using my Treo 650 with Tomtom until the plastic falls apart.

Im sure they will evetually. TomTom knows they make more $ with PND than with PPCs. Hopefully they will release it soon.

Anyone know if Tomtom has plans to update its PDA version for the Palm platform? Seems like many developers are abandoning this older, stagnant?, but still widely used OS. I'm taking it as a given that Windows/Pocket PC will still be supported.

I for one would love to continue using my Treo 650 with Tomtom until the plastic falls apart.

After talking to tech support on Jan 2nd, there is no word on when the new version will be out, but there is a "rumor" that it may be released in February. I am guessing that all PDA/smartphone versions will be released at the same time(to avoid certain complaints), and delays caused by bugs for one platform would affect the release date.

Map Share will only work with version 675 or later maps is also some information I have discovered, and you need application version 7 or later to use maps newer than 675, meaning we can't update the maps until the application update is released.

The trend has been for free application updates, but needing to pay for new maps, so if you want Map Share, you MAY be stuck paying for new maps. The current sale is around $73 US Dollars to update maps to 675. In the past, there have been deals for updating map versions, but until version 7 comes out, we can only guess if we will get free map updates or what sort of deal we may get. If you really want the Map Share feature and don't want to gamble on missing out of the current discounts on maps, you can pay to upgrade to 675, knowing it will support all the features in version 7.

Ask a Question