Navigator 5 & 6 with Ipaq classic 114 problem

I have just upgraded from an old Ipaq rz1700 to an Ipaq classic 114 (UK).

I installed my copy of Navigator 5 & activated it, however whenever I start the software, the Ipaq's backlight switches off. I have tried changing the power saving settings & disabling the auto light sensor, however the problem happens every time. I thought maybe Navigator 5 was not compatible with my new device & got Navigator 6, installed & activated, yet still the problem remains.

Any ideas welcome (TomTom support not very helpfull).

Despite the lack of help, I have now solved this myself. An update to TomTom6.03 solved the problem (quite why TomTom support couldn't tell me that is a little beyond me!)

Let's see...maybe cuz it's not a supported device so they do not have information on what configurations do and don't work on that device. Some people think TomTom Technical Support knows every single thing that every device does. Get over yourself!!! They are paid to help cx's with compatible device's, and I can't say as I blame them, with so many devices out there, how could they make it functional on every one.

Let's see...maybe cuz it's not a supported device so they do not have information on what configurations do and don't work on that device. Some people think TomTom Technical Support knows every single thing that every device does. Get over yourself!!! They are paid to help cx's with compatible device's, and I can't say as I blame them, with so many devices out there, how could they make it functional on every one.

No need to be so rude.

Other forums I am a member of tend to be a friendly affair where members help where posible with any questions posed (especially from a newbie). Guess that's not the case here though!

I have complained to TomTom since posting the original message & guess what? They said the newest update fixes the problem with my device, yet it is apparently still not supported. Explain that. Second thoughts, don't bother!

I doubt if I shall be returning to this forum if this is the only response you get to genuine questions.

No great loss I am sure, but I fail to see the point of my posting genuine questions if all I get are rude, unhelpfull replies!

Ask a Question