Navigate to Street and House Number Causes Reboot After Map Update

Hi All,

After Updating to the 860 map my XL335TM reboots when I try to Navigate to Street and House number. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ed

Try this.

Connect your unit to Home. Use the emulator (Operate my Unit) and make a change to one favourite by adding one, deleting one, editing one...doesn't matter.

Remove the unit from Home using the Device Disconnect icon and see if the rebooting issue is resolved.

Do you have a backup prior to the map update? If so, copy the mapsettings.cfg file from the backed up map folder to the new map folder, overwriting the existing one. Then try the modify favourite trick again.
-------------------------------------------
Another thing that some find helps with the rebooting issue is this. Connect to Home and in Home's menu for Tools-->Mapshare Changes-->Remove all mapshare changes.

Then see if the rebooting stops.
-----------------------------------------------
And another suggestion..........

Make an Explorer, not Home, backup of the unit's contents. Format the unit. Don't use quickformat. Restore the backup.
-------------------------------------------------

Try the above suggestions in order.........

I removed the mapsetting.cfg file from the device and everything works fine but my favorites are gone.

I tried restoring the mapsetting.cfg from the explorer backup I did before the map update and followed dhn's directions with the favorite modification but it locked up the same. I also tried removing the mapshare corrections and still had the same issue.

I will just live with having to manually key in my favorites again.

Thanks for all of the help!

Ed

That's a bug that's been popping up the last few map updates. I only affects certain owners, no one has figured out a pattern how/why yet.

To resolve it without losing favorites:
- Open the Operate My Device emulator
- Navigate to an address (eg: do the exact steps that would have caused a crash)
- Add a favorite
- Then close the emulator

In your case, you can restore the mapsettings.cfg file from backup and then do the steps above.

Last edited:
MVL -

With the mapsettings.cfg file from the 855 map my device will self reboot even in the emulator, so that work around does not function for me. Thanks for the suggestion though.

MVL -

With the mapsettings.cfg file from the 855 map my device will self reboot even in the emulator, so that work around does not function for me. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Wow... So the emulator restarts? I've never seen the emulator "reboot" before. It's thrown an access violation/crash, but never rebooted on me.

I have had the exact same issue with map 855's install and map 860's install, and the emulator fix worked. It also worked for the 2 other Tomtom owners I've seen who posted on other forums with the same issue.

So you must have a more nasty version of the bug.

I'm thinking he was saying that the TomTom restarts even when being controlled by the emulator, not that the emulator blows up.

Ask a Question