Navcore Version 7.131

Today when I connected, I did get HOME 2.0 finally.

The thing was, when I checked for updates it only showed the GPS QuickFix as being available which I installed. Then I noticed there was a bar scrolling across the lower right of the screen saying "downloading". So I let it run and that's when the Home 2.0 update popped up.

Jim

I did a second backup (post NAV 7 upgrade) and was prompted to download Home 2.0 (I got 2.1.0.92). Looks good but gotta play with it for a while. It seems that when device is connected you can't switch the device off from an on screen button as in version 1. That's a bit confusing. Also, I can't find SUNTIME or how to set it on the TT1 2nd ED. Any hints?

I did a second backup (post NAV 7 upgrade) and was prompted to download Home 2.0 (I got 2.1.0.92). Looks good but gotta play with it for a while. It seems that when device is connected you can't switch the device off from an on screen button as in version 1. That's a bit confusing. Also, I can't find SUNTIME or how to set it on the TT1 2nd ED. Any hints?
yeah I found that annoying. Now I'll have to disconnect via the menus at the top.

yeah I found that annoying. Now I'll have to disconnect via the menus at the top.
ok that slow satellite lock is really starting to bug me. The unit only has to be off for a few hours before it doesn't instantaneously lock. It's showing "The GPS signal was lost 3.25 min ago" before finally getting 4 satellites. I've downloaded QuickGPSFix for two days in a row already.

Now I understand what the rest of you are going through.

Navcore Version 7.131 Update

He's right... up-dated yesterday and got 7.131 on my TT1. Looking it over it's got one new feature. Under "Battery Save" the unit now will shut off when external power is lost!!! I also noticed on POI alerts, some of the sounds have changed? Still checking into that one. Unit also seems faster:) .

Suntime NOT available for Navcore 7 system upgraded devices.

Also, I can't find SUNTIME or how to set it on the TT1 2nd ED. Any hints?

TomTom has stated that they are not updating the Software Development Kit (SDK) beyond the 6.x system. If you install and use the current version of Suntime with a version 7 system device, some new Navcore functions will not work and duplicate button(s) will be added. To the point... Suntime needs to be rewritten for the new system. Unfortunately, TomTom isn't budging about providing the necessary SDK update so that some great third-party programmers can update existing apps and develop new ones. BUMMER!:(

Last edited:
Thanks for the link to home 2.x. I just installed it and it works great. Already got some map corrections.

It appears though that when doing backups, it will only keep the last backup. Home 1.5 allowed me to make multiple copies and name them as I want. Am I missing something? Or is that the way the new one works?

I didn't get to use it too much but one usability feature I REALLY like is when looking for POIs it shows you a map of where it is before you actually select it. This is MUCH better when trying to figure out which POI is closest to your route (ie not out of the way) because you can see on the map of the POI before selecting it where it is in proximity to your original route. I LOVE IT!!

What I don't like is I think the GPSFix didn't appear to work.. I used to get a lock within seconds but this time it took 3-5 minutes.

Is the new HELP feature removed?

I updated to the new Navcore a few days ago, and noticed that the new HELP ME menu option (or whatever it was called...where it would show you the way to the nearest police station, or hospital) is now gone!

Anyone else notice that?

Thanks for the link to home 2.x. I just installed it and it works great. Already got some map corrections.

It appears though that when doing backups, it will only keep the last backup. Home 1.5 allowed me to make multiple copies and name them as I want. Am I missing something? Or is that the way the new one works?

Couldn't you just open windows explorer, find were the back-up is saved, copy it to another location and then go into TT Home and make another backup?

I took my ONE out for a spin this evening and discovered something. With 7.120 it was displaying not only the road/street that I should turn on but it also displayed the road/street I was on which was a nice feature. But now with 7.131 it no longer displays the road/street that I'm travelling on. Bummer!

Jim

I took my ONE out for a spin this evening and discovered something. With 7.120 it was displaying not only the road/street that I should turn on but it also displayed the road/street I was on which was a nice feature. But now with 7.131 it no longer displays the road/street that I'm travelling on. Bummer!

Jim

There's a setting to turn that on somewhere in the menu....sorry, don't have my One here with me to tell you where it is.

You're right, it is an option in the menu. It's checked, though, and I know it didn't display when I was out this evening. I'll have to give it another try tomorrow.

Thanks,
Jim

The "brightness setting" bug, where the screen brightness would revert to full 100% brightness after starting up -no matter where you set it before, has been fixed in 7.131.

Looks like the TTFF is better than ever. I'm getting a time to first fix in less than 10 seconds consistently.

Ask a Question