Navcore 9

TomTom Model(s)
930T
Is Navcore 9 available for free upgrde for Tom Tom 930 ?

If so where I can I download it?

Thanks

Zhong

Navcore 9 isn't available for any devices as yet, and we have no idea if/ when it might be released for x20/ x30/ x40 products - Mike

Would version 9.022.457667.1 be Navcore 9?
My 750 says:
App 9.022.457667.1, OS 438558
(1005, 5/11/2009)
64 MB RAM (Free: 16.0 MB)
GPS v1.20, Boot 5.5259
Map: 'Australia' v 835.2419

Other interesting things in it include "Handwriting Engine by Penpower Inc" in the license file.
Also no mention of GPL at all.

9.022 was released a few days ago for the ONE 140 IQroutes, XL 340 IQroutes, and the GO x50 series.

Here it is, the 11th month of 2010 and yet still no navcore 9 for the 9x0 TT's....

Do we know if TT are even going to release 9 for the 930's??????

While i LOVE the TT app and the TT mount kit for my iPhone 3gs, I have NOTHING nice to say about my Go 930.

The Go 930 is a great reason to buy a different make of gps.....

Constant problems with blue tooth, Constant problems with loosing its speaker settings - dropping the fm transmitter etc..... Hands free now only plays out of the piddly speaker on the back rather than thru the car stereo..... Just a horrible annoying time wasting piece of junk.....

Every fix they bring out only further disables more features on the unit. And its been FOREVER since they last even tried to release a fix.....

GGGGRRRRRrrrrrrrrr

The x40 and x50 series units have been updated to Navcore 9 and the Go-1000 is running Navcore 10, to be honest I very much doubt that any new software releases will be made for x30 or older devices.

The only reason I could see a software update is due to new map data requiring a different Navcore tweek - Not very probable - Mike

Constant problems with blue tooth, Constant problems with loosing its speaker settings - dropping the fm transmitter etc..... Hands free now only plays out of the piddly speaker on the back rather than thru the car stereo..... Just a horrible annoying time wasting piece of junk.....

I agree that the 930 is probably put out to pasture. I run mine on app 8.302. It has the most stability and features for an IQroutes-capable application.

So haven't been using my gps for awhile.

What the latest Navcore version can I download for my 930 Tom Tom ?

Is it they have version 10 now ?

Does it work for 930 Tom Tom ?

I can install into my sd card and try it out using sd card ?
So if doesn't work well I can still use older version Navcore
from the internal memory TOM Tom 930 gps ?

Thanks

8,351 is the latest release for the 930 even though its 18 months old (ish) and the Bluetooth functions don't work very well - Mike

Yeah that is what I have got.
I have a new sd 8 gb sd card.

I wish to copy it from old to new sd card.

So I just copy all files and folders everything from old card to new card and it should work ?
I notice I have a lot of *.chk files in my old sd card.
I guess I can leave out those files ?

8,351 is the latest release for the 930 even though its 18 months old (ish) and the Bluetooth functions don't work very well - Mike

You are splitting your posts over 2 threads. Do NOT leave those .chk files out or your application will not run. They are NOT fragmented files.

Look in the other thread: just install 8.351 on the sdhc card using WinRar to extract the contents.

I noticed in the navcore cab file there are several data*.chk files in the cab file. Are these files necessary for running 903 Tom Tom ? What are they for ?

Thanks.

Yeah that is what I have got.
I have a new sd 8 gb sd card.

I wish to copy it from old to new sd card.

So I just copy all files and folders everything from old card to new card and it should work ?
I notice I have a lot of *.chk files in my old sd card.
I guess I can leave out those files ?

As dhn stated in the post above yours, these *.chk files ARE needed. These files are not to be confused with Windows fragments.

It's unfortunate that TomTom chose that extension label. :rolleyes:

Ask a Question