NavCore 8

I don't see why not - all the other updates have worked on older models. The hardware in all the TomToms are almost the same. Tom Tom released two 7.XXX versions - one for older models that cannot accept voice input, and another for those that can.

TomTom has an interst to update our older models - means we'll spend money on the maps they sell to make the new features work (i.e. IQ routing)

We may see a Navcore 8 lite for the older models.
Tom Tom never released the full Navcore 7 for the older models, so to see a full Navcore 8 version for the older models looks slim.

We may see a Navcore 8 lite for the older models.
Tom Tom never released the full Navcore 7 for the older models, so to see a full Navcore 8 version for the older models looks slim.

From your experience and your knowledge of Navcore 8, what's your gut feeling as to what is likely to be included/excluded in a 'Lite' version, Pedro?

Going over the Navcore 8 update, It may be possible the release will be for the x20 range. The x30 range is the same unit as the x20. For other models it is tought to say. The IQ route is based on map, so lately TomTom is big on device specific maps, so who knows what is yet to come.

Going over the Navcore 8 update, It may be possible the release will be for the x20 range. The x30 range is the same unit as the x20. For other models it is tought to say. The IQ route is based on map, so lately TomTom is big on device specific maps, so who knows what is yet to come.
So it's probably best to wait for Navcore 8 before updating the maps eh? (I'm still on 660)

Sounds good to me! After all, it is $100 for the map. For some reason, 715 seems smaller than 710.

Ask a Question