Navcore 8?

TomTom Model(s)
TT One V2
Hey, guys. Haven't been to the forum for awhile... any updates on when or if Navcore 8 will be available for my TomTom One V2? Thanks.

Most likely, it will not be made available. TomTom has orphaned many "original" devices as a marketing strategy to get you to migrate to newer units.

oh great... and the ONE V2 had the shortest lifetime compared to the GO 300 and the Classic. Looks like i'll stick with my old maps then.

oh great... and the ONE V2 had the shortest lifetime compared to the GO 300 and the Classic. Looks like i'll stick with my old maps then.

Not really as USA & Canada map v7.25 is equivalent to NA v8.10 without IQ routing and ALG that make the map too large to fit internal memory of all ONE models.

Not really as USA & Canada map v7.25 is equivalent to NA v8.10 without IQ routing and ALG that make the map too large to fit internal memory of all ONE models.
so basically all i can do now is upgrade to 7.25 and stay there until I want to upgrade the unit itself? dang it.. should've taken advantage of the sale.

so basically all i can do now is upgrade to 7.25 and stay there until I want to upgrade the unit itself? dang it.. should've taken advantage of the sale.

I expect TT to keep updating maps 4 times a year and, since newer ONE models also have 1GB of internal memory, keep doing that for all ONE models.

But all the roads are there? well except the minor minor ones that I know the NA map will have but the USA_and_Canada one won't

But all the roads are there? well except the minor minor ones that I know the NA map will have but the USA_and_Canada one won't

Nah, like Gilbert said, you'll be alright. I don't think you'll have less roads with the 725 maps. 810 maps manily have small luxory features. As far as the roads, you should be perfectly fine. I used 725 map on my ONE XL when I had it and it did GREAT!

Honestly, I would love to use the 725 if it included IQ routes and ALG only because the 725 map contains less details, which would allow the device to run faster.

On the ONE XL, I know that if I disabled all of the POI's shown on map and features, the map would refresh pretty quickly on the screen. The one XL has a 200MHz processor. The 720 has a 400MHz processor, but won't necessarily run faster since the 810 maps are full of that detail which only bog up system resources in my opinion.

I kinda compare it to an old computer with XP which runs fast vs. windows vista which requires alot faster hardware, only for it to run the same speed as the old xp machine.

... some deletion...
Honestly, I would love to use the 725 if it included IQ routes and ALG only because the 725 map contains less details, which would allow the device to run faster.

On the ONE XL, I know that if I disabled all of the POI's shown on map and features, the map would refresh pretty quickly on the screen. The one XL has a 200MHz processor. The 720 has a 400MHz processor, but won't necessarily run faster since the 810 maps are full of that detail which only bog up system resources in my opinion.

The lower detail aspect of ONE models is a matter of limited storage capacity of 1GB of internal memory not of processor speed. Remember that you have more than the map to fit in 1GB, you also need NavCore, sounds, voices, screens etc. On GO models, you also have to process multimedia, tts, vr which tax the processor. On the XL-S you have 64MB of RAM (vs 32MB on XL) to compensate having to process tts.

The lower detail aspect of ONE models is a matter of limited storage capacity of 1GB of internal memory not of processor speed. Remember that you have more than the map to fit in 1GB, you also need NavCore, sounds, voices, screens etc. On GO models, you also have to process multimedia, tts, vr which tax the processor. On the XL-S you have 64MB of RAM (vs 32MB on XL) to compensate having to process tts.

I never said anything about the difference in between both maps being only processor speed. The map is obviously bigger on the GO because of my reasons I mentioned before, more detail, larger POI database, alg, etc. My point is that my double speed processor is not making anything noticibly faster since my device has to operate more BS, INCLUDING a more detailed map. Try running "Operate my ONE XL-S" on your PC and see how smooth it runs. Also see how much % of a core it takes up on your PC.

I now await a counter-argument from you Gilbert like you do to ALL of my posts.

Stareeeeeeeeeeeee intooooooooo my red eyesssssssssssssssss :)

Last edited:
I never said anything about the difference in between both maps being only processor speed. The map is obviously bigger on the GO because of my reasons I mentioned before, more detail, larger POI database, alg, etc. My point is that my double speed processor is not making anything noticibly faster since my device has to operate more BS, INCLUDING a more detailed map. Try running "Operate my ONE XL-S" on your PC and see how smooth it runs. Also see how much % of a core it takes up on your PC.

I now await a counter-argument from you Gilbert like you do to ALL of my posts.

Stareeeeeeeeeeeee intooooooooo my red eyesssssssssssssssss :)

The thread started with a TT ONE v2 user wondering about updating his model and the possibility of being stranded. He wondered about NavCore v8 which I assumed he wondered about IQR and ALG. TT now prevents users from purchasing maps larger than the internal memory they are destined for and GO maps are too large for the ONE memory models. I said he was not stranded as there are still current ONE models with the same internal memory limitations and TT would keep updating those maps which have the same roads as v8 maps.

In the past, TT did not prevent the sale of NA maps (vs USA & Canada) to people having ONE models with SD cards and no one complained of too slow processor speed for the more detailed maps. I know of hackers who presently use NA maps on ONE models and don't complain of slowdown because of the more detailed maps. Of course, TT has yet to make ONE models with a microphone allowing ASR or provide Loquendo on all ONE models for tts or multimedia that are factors that tax the processor when also navigating.

Why TT now prevents selling GO maps for ONE? All ONE owners would enjoy having IQR and ALG features. TT uses the excuse of the internal memory limitation. You brought up processor speed to more detailed maps, I added it was not what appreciably taxed it considering we're dealing with a ONE v2 that does not have to process specific GO hw and the thread specific goal at explaining why he can't run maps with IQR and ALG. Maybe I did not understand what this thread is about?:eek:

Nah, like Gilbert said, you'll be alright. I don't think you'll have less roads with the 725 maps. 810 maps manily have small luxory features. As far as the roads, you should be perfectly fine. I used 725 map on my ONE XL when I had it and it did GREAT!

I kinda compare it to an old computer with XP which runs fast vs. windows vista which requires alot faster hardware, only for it to run the same speed as the old xp machine.
ahh alright. I'll just wait for a map sale I guess.

Ask a Question