Navcore 8.x released for older models

I was able to download navcore 8.x through HOME, no problem.

Any word on when v8.xx maps will be made available to us?

==Update==
I called customer service, there's no ETA on v8.xx maps for the rest of us...
So sad...

Last edited:
Navcore 8 screws up the compass in that it'll only point North and there is no way to alter that through Preferences, as there was with Nav7.

yes, that's correct and I'll miss that. but there is an option to put the direction in degrees (as in 270 W) in the status bar preferences. enable direction.

works well.

Navcore 8 screws up the compass in that it'll only point North and there is no way to alter that through Preferences, as there was with Nav7.
I'm disappointed in this one, too. Did they disable the Compass Preferences icon or was it always absent from the default menu?

Oh well, maybe the auto power-off (Brightness Prefs -> Battery Save -> Auto Off?) feature will make up for it. :(

R?

FYI: I happen to have purchanged the 8.05 maps when they first released (before the navcore8 release to x20 devices) I have installed both Navcore8 and the 805 NorthAmerica Maps I had previously purchased but could not use wiht Nav7 and I now have IQ routes and Lane Guidence enabled.

Of course I have yet to go on a trip to test lane guidence.

But the bottom line for those of you with x20 devices , you dont have to wait for 8x maps If tomtom HOME will allow you to see and purchase the 805 NorthAmerica Maps Or Europe so on..

Assuming since my purchase they have not disabled these from been available in Home for 520, 720, 920 devices.

Good Luck.

Pulled as in, "We need to fix it and re-release it", or "We're no longer going to offer it for non x30 units"?

Looks like they want to fix it so the IQ routing and ALG is not in the options because too many people were confused by them and v8 maps are not yet available for x20 devices. They got too many phone calls and decided to pull it.

Looks like they want to fix it so the IQ routing and ALG is not in the options because too many people were confused by them and v8 maps are not yet available for x20 devices. They got too many phone calls and decided to pull it.

That plus it killed VR (again) plus Home doesn't work well with it ...

I guess I lucked out having v8 maps as well. All works here , i.e. VR, IQ routes and Lan Guidence appear enabled. Will test on a route to the airport later today.

Hopefully the only disable IQ and Ln Guidence if you have Non-8x maps ( at the most that is) , Personally dont like them disabling anything. :)

A new beta map/software is going out to testers next week... maybe this will allow/fix everything and get it re-released?

Ask a Question