NavCore 7 Screenshots!!! (i.e. Version 7)

TomTom Model(s)
ONE v2
TomTom chose the Cannes exhibition for the presentation of two new GO models, and a new version of their PND software. The GO 520 and 720 will ship next month, with NavCore version 7 installed. Finally another larger, new software release, with new functionality and expansions of existing features.

Read Article and View Screenshots Here

119 photos to keep you drooling. I really like the MapShare idea. I can finally fix the errors on my maps!

and guess what??

You can change the ICON on the map!!

I think TomTom is making an incredibly smart decision by allowing users to correct maps and POIs. Sharing that data too means that we will all be getting constant map updates. By allowing the data to propogate and checking up eventually with the big van and all the antennas they will ensure accurate maps for a looong time to come. Very good move on their part. I can't wait to get the software updates, I imagine that will be some time after the new units hit shelves.

From what I see I can record my voice but not my itinary.... hum... is there something I'm missing?

The recording of your voice function is used when navigating. Instead of choosing 'Lori' or 'Susan', you can choose your own voice and listen to yourself give you instruction to 'turn left'. Of course you can play with it and add your own words, you don't have to stick with the script.

I'm not sure what the connection with recording your own voice and itinerary is. The itinerary function still exists in Nav 7.

sorry, I was probably too subtile next to not so perfect english. What I wanted to say is that I would prefer a lot having the chance to log my itinary, mean record what I did and save it for an another time rather than recording my voice. I think it is what I miss the most on my tomtom. I tried toolstools but not really got success.

sorry, I was probably too subtile next to not so perfect english. What I wanted to say is that I would prefer a lot having the chance to log my itinary, mean record what I did and save it for an another time rather than recording my voice. I think it is what I miss the most on my tomtom. I tried toolstools but not really got success.

No need to apologize.

I was going to recommend Tripmaster, but because you are using ToolsTools you're using Navigator.

I hope tripmaster works on the 520/720 units so we can do that.

Anyone have any updates on when ver7 might be coming to other units such as the ONE XL? I'm really interested in the ability to put the info on the side of the screen instead of at the bottom. This makes a lot more sense on a widescreen unit.

Am I seeing things or are those little icons in the top right corner of a pair of lips with a microphone? Does that mean that there will be voice recognition for entering waypoints?

Exciting that something that different is coming down the pike. I didn't know.

I have a quibble with the new icons in the menu... they're pretty and more modern looking, sure, but I think they're actually less identifiable than the current ones. The translucent "buttons" behind the images amount to visual clutter... one of my favorite things about the Tom Tom is how easy it is to identify the button you need while on the go.

It would be fantastic if the upgrade brings voice recognition to current units.

The emergency help features are a great idea too... with the first aid instructions. That's brilliant.

Am I seeing things or are those little icons in the top right corner of a pair of lips with a microphone? Does that mean that there will be voice recognition for entering waypoints?

I believe that's the MUTE (Turn Off Sound in the current version) button.

Ttv7

A search of newsgroups for "ttv7.rar", using the SUPERSEARCH feature of Newsleecher yielded a recent file.

This file is interesting....TTV7 looks nice on a 910GO....However not all features seem to work.

"Mapshare" is not compatible with the 665.1293 map set.

The VOICE PREFERENCES is nowhere to be found...

Is it possible this is early beta release? Anyone with newsgroup access, give us some additional feedback after you backup, then copy&paste all the files into your TomTom

(NOTE: Problem founds.....the x10 NVRAM tool fixed it)

Last edited:
I think TomTom is making an incredibly smart decision by allowing users to correct maps and POIs. Sharing that data too means that we will all be getting constant map updates. By allowing the data to propogate and checking up eventually with the big van and all the antennas they will ensure accurate maps for a looong time to come. Very good move on their part. I can't wait to get the software updates, I imagine that will be some time after the new units hit shelves.

That's why TomTom wants/is to buy TeleAtlas! ;)

ML

I hear that nav 7 is working well on 910 and other units.... I am surprised nobody here is discussing those topics? I see as a downfall, so far that 910 TTS disappears when using Navcore 7.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question