Navcore 7 New Feature!

TomTom Model(s)
ONE v2
Navcore 7 New Features! (Undocumented??)

Hmm, I haven't seen anyone report about it but I thought this was a very cool feature.

Say you're searching for your destination or what have you. Normally, you have two or three lines showing the results or your past destinations.

Now, when you click the down arrow to scroll, it removes the keyboard and now you have 6 lines showing the results!!

Thanks TomTom!! Great feature!

Edit: If you need to get the keyboard back, click "Find" or the "Keyboard" pictogram at the bottom left of the screen. (The bottom left button will depend on whether you're in the middle of searching for a destination or scrolling to see past destinations)

OMG, I found even MORE new features!!

When you search for a POI, it'll give you a preview of the location (nothing new, it did the same with older versions). HOWEVER, the difference is that now you can scroll left/right so you don't have to search for POIs again. Just scroll to see the locations of each POI on the results list. You can either select the POI or go back to the list!!

Last edited:
Yes I do like these features too. I especially like the feature to scroll through POIs with the map image there.

If you click on the map, it will switch from 2D view to 3D view or vice versa.

When you search for a POI, it'll give you a preview of the location (nothing new, it did the same with older versions). HOWEVER, the difference is that now you can scroll left/right so you don't have to search for POIs again. Just scroll to see the locations of each POI on the results list. You can either select the POI or go back to the list!!

Yes, this is very cool. I have noticed the same thing. The Garmins always did this and I thought it would be a nice feature in the TomTom.

You'll also notice a "details" button on the right, too, that when clicked will show you the address of the POI.

One other thing that I would like to see, that the cruddy Garmins will do, is tell you which side of the street your destination will be on when you are about to arrive.

Rather than say, for example "in 1/4 mile you have arrived at your destination" it would say "in 1/4 mile you have arrived at your destination on left."

I can't tell you the number of times I've had to u-turn because the destination was on the other side of the street and I didn't realize it.

Yes, this is very cool. I have noticed the same thing. The Garmins always did this and I thought it would be a nice feature in the TomTom.

You'll also notice a "details" button on the right, too, that when clicked will show you the address of the POI.

One other thing that I would like to see, that the cruddy Garmins will do, is tell you which side of the street your destination will be on when you are about to arrive.

Rather than say, for example "in 1/4 mile you have arrived at your destination" it would say "in 1/4 mile you have arrived at your destination on left."

I can't tell you the number of times I've had to u-turn because the destination was on the other side of the street and I didn't realize it.
hmm.. didn't notice the "details" button lol.

Yeah, it only shows an arrow. No oral instruction as to which side the destination is on.

hmm.. didn't notice the "details" button lol.

Yeah, it only shows an arrow. No oral instruction as to which side the destination is on.

Yes, I don't have the details button either; looks like the ONE series don't get it. This is pretty important for me, though; I'd like to be able to tell other people I'm driving with the address of the destination. I'd like to be able to look up the address of previously entered favorites and destinations, too.

A small nitpicky thing - couldn't we change the format of the phone numbers? +15555555555 is not how I'm used to seeing them.

Another thing I'd like is to be able to select the state where you're searching for an address - again, another feature in the GO 720 but not in the ONE series, even with navcore 7.

I do greatly appreciate that TomTom keeps track of previously entered cities, though, this is a key advantage of the last garmin I had (no idea if garmin has that now).

Ask a Question