Nav 5 w/ treo650

Question: How can I stop the treo 650 from trying to connect to sprint each time I run Tomtom Navigation 5 ? ......Many thanks for any help

Tomtom requires a gps signal, as a Treo 650 doesn't have it built in, turning off the bluetooth will make a dull navigator. You mentioned thats one way, what is the other. :)

I think Tomtom turns on the phone feature so you can use the cellular phone while navigating to your destination or if you live in an area that provides traffic info.

This should be an option that can be turned off if these features aren't used to conserve battery life.

Many thanks for the input and if anyone has any ideas pleasssee. ;)

I was thinking of another post while I was replying to yours and got things mixed up thinking that you had 2 devices - treo and a tt pna, my bad. Sorry for that.

I'm not so sure anymore since I disposed of my Qtek couple of years ago. TT interface is practically the same for all their products. Most probably the option "Enable/Disable wireless data" is also a available. This option is under TT Plus services. If yes, then disable the wireless data. Of course this will prevent it from giving up-to-date traffic info.

This would be an obvious option to have, the "Enable/Disable wireless data" as many don't live in areas where traffic info is available. I can't find it in the tt5 using Treo 650. If anyone knows where it is please share. :)

I no longer use my Treo 650 as a phone. Just push the SD card to release it and then push it
back in. TomTom Navigator application then starts for me, using Navigator 6.

Ask a Question