NA 720 vs Canada/Alaska 720

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 2
Would I be safe in assuming the only diff is that the NA covers all of the States and Canada vs the Can/Alaska version showing only Canada and Alaska?

What I mean is, would the 2 maps show any different detail of Canada itself?

Cheers

That's right. The smaller one is just cut out of the larger one. You would be duplicating your map coverage if you bought it.

Thanks, I kinda figured that. I was hoping that maybe, just maybe it might show the 4 lane divided hwy out of my town. It has been there for 12 years, and only shows as a 2 lane undivided on my 675 and 715 maps.

Cheers,

A check with Tomtom should let you know the main difference between the two versions is the number of pois. Check out the acutal files on both versions. You will find a much larger poi file on the North American.
Tomtom will not allow the larger version to be added to a low end unit, ONE, ONEXL, etc. You must purchase a more expensive unit to have the maps installed. The difference in size for the old versions was 1.4GB for North Amer and .9GB for US_Canada. I was able to trick the last ver on my XL. If you have both sets of data you can add the larger POI database file to the US_Canada ver for the extra POIs.

Ask a Question