Mydrive connect won't connect.

TomTom Model(s)
XL340S
I have a VIA 1500 trying to download the latest map, plug into my laptop I can see the icon on the tom tom screen that it is connected to the comp, but when I open myconnect it says unit is not connected. I have windows 10 on a dell laptop that has worked in the past. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Nope, not seeing any change with those posts. The thing that is getting me is the laptop does not see the tomtom, nothing showing on the device manager that it is even connected

Be sure you're looking in the right place in Device Manager. Your 1500 shows up as a NIC card (yeah, but there's a good explanation for that), not an external drive the way your old XL340 did.

MyDrive Connect creates the bridge between USB and TCP, so if there are any issues with that installation, Windows won't see the device at all. Let us know what you find down in NIC devices.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm all of sudden windows is now seeing the tom tom & I was able to load the latest map. How typical have a problem get help & problem isn't there anymore. :)

In the 'old days', one would call for in-home TV repair. Back then a TV might have as many as two dozen tubes, some with known histories for being weak (e.g., 6GH8A). Of course, when repair arrives, the TV is working perfectly, and so there aren't even any symptoms to address. 'Spontaneous mystery fix' is not as common a situation as it once was, but still happens.

Glad this one worked out for you.

Ask a Question