Mydrive app not compatible with android 13.

Hi @Argh-to-tomtom -
I only use the personal hotspot set on my iPhone for Bluetooth and USB only, as you quite rightly state Wi-Fi would be too power hungry.
Does your Moto G30 have a Bluetooth hotspot only function?

One other thing to try -
After pairing with a device, (taken from the Moto G30 manual) you'll need to set sharing options and then you can use Bluetooth to:
To set sharing options:
  1. Go to Settings > Connected devices.
  2. Touch
    system_settings_1011.png
    by the device's name.
  3. Turn sharing options on or off.
  4. On the paired device, or in the device's app, look for Bluetooth settings to review and adjust. For more information, see the paired device manufacturer's instructions.

Was the sharing option enabled?

Interesting comments re Apple and WiFi. I use WiFi hotspot exclusively (but Android .. Samsung Galaxy 20) to connect two different TomTom units concurrently, and don't have either heat or battery issues.

Hi @Argh-to-tomtom -
I only use the personal hotspot set on my iPhone for Bluetooth and USB only, as you quite rightly state Wi-Fi would be too power hungry.
Does your Moto G30 have a Bluetooth hotspot only function?
Yes it does, never knew that - but yes its there.
One other thing to try -
After pairing with a device, (taken from the Moto G30 manual) you'll need to set sharing options and then you can use Bluetooth to:
To set sharing options:
  1. Go to Settings > Connected devices.
  2. Touch
    system_settings_1011.png
    by the device's name.
  3. Turn sharing options on or off.
  4. On the paired device, or in the device's app, look for Bluetooth settings to review and adjust. For more information, see the paired device manufacturer's instructions.

Was the sharing option enabled?
The option didn't exist (when pairing without the MyDrive app) - it only appeared as an "input device".

But bottom line, the app doesn't work due to not being able to install fresh (tomtom admitted that) and I'm not happy bu**ering around to get some functionality via work arounds. Its drppped back at a DPD pickup point ready to go back to supplier. £300 and it should work out of the box, if not, something is wrong! And life is too short with 2nd best kit. Thats a few hours I wont get back lol.

When did you install? and are you on about the same "mydrive app" which interfaces with hardware, rather than TomTom Go? TTG works fine on the phone, its the MyDrive app that I need to link with a new Rider 550 that does not work.
Sorry, I did not install the MyDrive app (was up to date with the Samsung J3, Android 7.1.1).
I must try to find a traffic situation and drive there to test it.

I have the same problem with my Samsung A52 and Android 13. Tried Samsung, FireFox and DuckDuckGo browsers but still get a message saying that MyDrive is not available for my device or that MyDrive is only available for older versions of Android. I contacted TomTom via online chat and they took details for the technical department to investigate. They never said that it was a known issue that has been around for weeks, I only found that out when I found this forum.

Last edited:
I have the same problem. Cannot install myDrive on my Samsung s21 FE with android 13 : "The My drive app is not available for your phone because it was made for an older version of Android".

I bought this tomtom precisely because normally it is possible to easily transfer addresses from my phone to the Tomtom. If I can't install the mydrive app, I can return the GPS for a refund!

Is this just a problem when trying to install MyDrive on an Android 13 phone but not if MyDrive is already installed when the phone OS is upgraded to Android 13? If it were a problem on all Android 13 phones I guess there would be a lot more people affected.

Is this just a problem when trying to install MyDrive on an Android 13 phone but not if MyDrive is already installed when the phone OS is upgraded to Android 13? If it were a problem on all Android 13 phones I guess there would be a lot more people affected.
To answer this question.
If Mydrive is already installed on the phone, there is no problem if you download Android 13
On the other hand, if Android 13 is already on the phone, Mydrive cannot be installed because it is not compatible.

To answer this question.
If Mydrive is already installed on the phone, there is no problem if you download Android 13
On the other hand, if Android 13 is already on the phone, Mydrive cannot be installed because it is not compatible.
To un-answer the question:

My phone came with Android 13 from the beginning (Samsung Galaxy S20), and I had no trouble at all loading MyDrive to it and running it some months ago. However, I had not tried to load MyDrive recently, so ...

One way to confirm this, which I have done, is to delete MyDrive from my phone and reinstall it from scratch, which also works just fine.

It seems that only certain Android 13 phones are having issues with the installation of the MyDrive version that is currently available.

Hi all, I have a Samsung A10 E with Android 12 and I cannot install the MyDrive app for 'incompatibility' reasons. VERY poor support so I finally gave up and use my laptop instead. Am I missing something here?
Thanks

Mam Samsung s21fe z Android 13. Brak możliwości pobrania i zainstalowania aplikacji MyDrive z powodu przeznaczenia tej aplikacji do starszej wersji Android. Co robić???

I have a Samsung s21fe with Android 13. I can't download and install the MyDrive app because the app is designed for an older version of Android. What to do???

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! I have read all the posts above. I have also a Samsung a52 and the app MyDrive is also not available beacause of the reason: "The My drive app is not available for your phone because it was made for an older version of Android". The app is important for me to use it on the trips and so i can upload the trips to MyDrive.

Phone: Samsung A52 android 13
tomtom rider 550

Please let me now how to fix this.

Hi! I have read all the posts above. I have also a Samsung a52 and the app MyDrive is also not available beacause of the reason: "The My drive app is not available for your phone because it was made for an older version of Android". The app is important for me to use it on the trips and so i can upload the trips to MyDrive.

Phone: Samsung A52 android 13
tomtom rider 550

Please let me now how to fix this.
Hi
Contact Tomtom customer service to ask them why the Mydrive app is not compatible with your Samsung a52 phone.

Hi
Contact Tomtom customer service to ask them why the Mydrive app is not compatible with your Samsung a52 phone.
i will do that also.... and if anyone else has this problem... and it has been solved, please post it here.

Hi

lol. Don't waste your time
thanks for reaching out regarding the issue with installing the MyDrive Connect app for your mobile. We're sorry for any possible trouble caused. We'd suggest you to please try and download the application via a mobile browser from the smartphone. You can use any other browser except Google Chrome. We suggest you to use the DuckDuckGo browser or Mozilla. Regards,
lol. Since when has downloading an android app from the google play store been any different in any browser (as the device detection and the push download are not performed by the browser!)
We completely understand your concerns with the ongoing issue Please know that we take your feedback seriously, and our teams are working diligently to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. Using an alternate browser was a workaround that was offered as it has helped many other users who've reached out to us. Regards, ^AK

That was a month ago. Other forums full of the same problems and no solution.

I sent my TomTom back for a full refund (and got it) as not fit for purpose.

Other support routes with TT hit dead end. App not updated since 2021. Has their one dev left and no one has a clue how to fix it or log on to their PC to get the code?! It would be such an easy fix as it clearly does work on later Android

LOL... nice reply Argh-to-tomtom. Thankyou. If i log on to the mydrive (website online) i can see they made a beta version for a new tool (routeplanner) and then you can upload a GPX to mydrive, or make a new route for yourself and upload it to mydrive. It takes a while before your route has been uploaded to the (rider 550)Mydrive... so its a temporairly solution.

@TomTom... can you reply to this matter with a solution?? otherwise i will have to exchange my TomTom for a Garmin.

Ask a Question