My Trip to San Francisco

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Go510
This past weekend, I drove up to San Francisco to look at a car that I wanted to purchase and needless to say I took my TT510 along for the fun and the ride :D. I actually finally saw the Speed limit Indicator function working, but to my surprise only in San Francisco area like when I was on the Bay Bridge and so forth. It was kinda cool to see the 2 numbers side by side and when I decides to speed it would blink in red. Either way, my TT510 performed flawlessly with the exception of downtown SF where the tall buildings are, it kinda went nuts, I think the GPS signal somehow got screwy with a bunch of tall buildings all around. But do becareful of its instructions near the downtown area, there are now some newer 1 way roads that TT didnt pickup, and yes I think we need to do some more Attraction POIs.

This past weekend, I drove up to San Francisco to look at a car that I wanted to purchase and needless to say I took my TT510 along for the fun and the ride :D. I actually finally saw the Speed limit Indicator function working, but to my surprise only in San Francisco area like when I was on the Bay Bridge and so forth. It was kinda cool to see the 2 numbers side by side and when I decides to speed it would blink in red. Either way, my TT510 performed flawlessly with the exception of downtown SF where the tall buildings are, it kinda went nuts, I think the GPS signal somehow got screwy with a bunch of tall buildings all around. But do becareful of its instructions near the downtown area, there are now some newer 1 way roads that TT didnt pickup, and yes I think we need to do some more Attraction POIs.

Ahhhrrggh, I'm so jealous of you :D
I would love to drive around there.
I think your GPS got screwed up because of all the signals like wireless things, although I think with an external antenna you would do fine.
Already working on a POI based on Google Earth, it has some points on where you can photograph the Golden Gate bridge and the Bay Bridge and a few high hill spots to photograph downtown San Francisco.
Also has the Chinese Education Center, also known as the San Francisco Tower.
That's a landmark that I would love to have a good photo of.

Ask a Question