My tomtom xl lost its gps signal

Brenda, if memory serves me correctly, I had a similar problem with mine. In addition to the very useful steps dhn has provided, I believe I had to also do the following:

- Hook up the GPS to the computer and run TomTom Home with it connected.
- Choose the option "Operate my One XL" then allow the Emulator to bring up the TomTom GPS image on your computer.
- Operate the GPS with your mouse (or keyboard) and try nagivating to a destination; or, load an itinerary and run it on the computer.

Assuming you can successfully do the above, exit out of the emulator then properly disconnect the GPS from the computer. Reboot the GPS and try it again.

Does it work for you now?

Tried that and I can program a route in on my computer using operate my one xl and when I correctly disconnected and rebooted, the gps showed a different view of NYC and then started turning itself off and rebooting.

Brenda, if you connect to Home and in Home's menu, Tools (I think), Mapshares-->select to remove all mapshare corrections. (the option is there somewhere).

Last shot .......

You have the Explorer backup, correct?

If so, I want you to go to 'My Computer' on your desktop and click on it to open it.

Then highlight the drive shown for the tomtom unit (F:\ maybe) and click.

There should be an option to format. Do so and don't use quickformat if that option is available.

Then when it's done, restore the backup.

Yes< I have the back up....Now when you say restore the back up, does that mean to copy the folders and files back to the internal F drive?

Thanks

I appreciate all the help. I also tried the formating and the tomtom still has the same issues...I'm really thinking about just getting a new one.

Ask a Question