My TomTom Software

TomTom Model(s)
via1530
My TomTom SW will not start. I right click it and select open a whirlygate spins for a second or two and then nothing.

Does the GPS Unit have to be connected to run this SW?

Not that it should matter, but what happens if you just double click it?

In any case, all that will result is that you will discover a new systray icon (down in the lower right of your screen). Nothing will occur other than that until you plug your unit in to your PC.

Thank you, the icon is in the systray. I had the systray set to only show a minimum of icons and that is why I did not see it.:)

Good. When you plug your unit to the USB port, clicking on the systray icon should pop up a small window from which you can select one of 4 items.

Are you new to the use of MyTomTom, or have you used it before with your 1530?

New to the forum this week. I have had the device for 6 months and it has always worked perfectly. It is nice to have a forum that really works as this site does. I am like a lot of people when I only do something every six months I usually forget what to expect so it is nice to have a place to go for answers.

Some days it works, and some days it doesn't. Depends on whether we've had our morning coffee yet or not. :yawn: Also, we're short handed on moderators at the moment, so answers may be slower in coming than normal for a few days.

I thought I would give MyTT another shot to update my map... since updating the NavCore worked perfectly (from my Win7 64-Bit Sys).

Nope... effing fail... AGAIN

This has got to be the absolute most horrid pile of hell I have dealt with... Now I am without Navi (traffic reporting needed) for my commute home this evening. I have to try my Vista system when I get home... if it doesn't work, I am getting rid of this pile of crap and not looking back.

I really wish that TT would just fix the MyTT issue with Win7-64.

Ask a Question