My Tomtom got Wet

We have heard stories of units that got wet and were revived but that was by not turning them on and allowing them to dry for several days before making the attempt. I know that cell phones can be saved sometimes but it they are turned on wet they tend to destroy their logic boards. You can contact TT support but I imagine you will find the cost of repair to be as great, if they will even try, as the cost of a new one. Let us know and perhaps someone else has an idea.

If there is a sd card in your unit, remove it. Now, bury your unit in household rice (uncooked, of course) for a couple of days. Then see if that helps.........

Water dammage

They say with cell phones that if you drop it in water to first do not shake it. It will for water into more areas. Then you should put it into and covered with dry rice for a few days. Sometimes this will save your unit Who knows

The rice does work. My daughter dropped her cell into a sinck filled with water. I put it in rice for about two days and it was fine.

Ask a Question