My TomTom Go 720 seems to be 100 feet too slow

While driving, my TT Go 720 always seems to be 100 feet too slow. When I am driving, I can see the street names correctly, but when I drive thru an intersection it won't show that the intersection has already passed, it shows them as being here instead.

I don't know if this is trevial, but I have had a few times when I am looking for something and realize that the street that I just drove thru are the ones that I needed, not the one that is coming up.

Please advise.

Sometimes, having too many poi categories showing on the map at the same time slows down the screen refresh. Normally, not more than 4 or 5 at most is suggested.

check that.

Thanks, I think that my son must have gotten ahold of it when I wasn't playing with it myself. There were all sorts of POI checked.

Thanks again,
Ron

While driving, my TT Go 720 always seems to be 100 feet too slow. When I am driving, I can see the street names correctly, but when I drive thru an intersection it won't show that the intersection has already passed, it shows them as being here instead.

I don't know if this is trevial, but I have had a few times when I am looking for something and realize that the street that I just drove thru are the ones that I needed, not the one that is coming up.

Please advise.

It did that last week with my 510 in Jersey. TT told us to make a left ahead but we came to the street on the map before we got to the actual street. TT assumed we missed our turn and rerouted. That was bizzare. It never happened before.

Could have been an indication of a mapping error for the location of that street.

if you are viewing 3-D this is common... try switching to 2-D and everything will be spot on... not sure why 3-D causes this lag.

Ask a Question