my tomtom does not see ttgo 1000

Hi all
Have installed My tomtom and Tomtom Home on my XP pro computer(uptodate). when i plug the ttgo1000 into the usb slot the computer recognises it as a network device (not a disc drive as in the tt help files). niether my tomtom or tomtom home see the ttgo 1000.
can anyone help

regards to all

The older Tomtom HOME 2 won't see the GO 1000. You need myTomtom software.

Download myTomtom software from this site, and install it.

Once installed, do you see the icon on the lower right? If so, what shows up when you click on the icon?

My tom-tom

When I click on the my tom-tom icon a a small window opens beside it. In the window it says

my tom-tom
X not connected

My tom-tom. (this opens the web browser)
Setup
Close

Regards

Do you have the latest version of Adobe Flash installed on your computer? You need it ....

have tried all the above
have uninstalled and reinstalled software
the result is

the my tomtom window says

my tomtom ?
x not connected

mytomtom
setup
close

the tomtom go 1000 has a small computer logo in the bottom right hand corner (i guess shows its connected)

the computer shoes tomtom in the device manager under network adapters( not removable disc drives as the help files say)

regards

When it IS connected to the computer, try this.....

Remove the usb connector from the unit. You should hear a thunk within a couple of seconds.

Now reconnect the usb cable.

Look at the My TT icon again. Does it show 'connected now'?

tried that nogo

iwent to another computer running windows 7 and all works fine
so the issue is with my xp prolaptop only

????
regards

Glad you got it sorted.

Unusual though, most posters with O/S issues involve W7 or Vista not playing well with Home; usually, XP is ok.

Glad you got it sorted.

Unusual though, most posters with O/S issues involve W7 or Vista not playing well with Home; usually, XP is ok.

It's not sorted I don't own the windows 7computer

Yes I have installed the hot fix

I think the problem is with the my tom-tom software

Regards

Last edited:
In looking at other forums, there doesn't seem to be any fix yet for those who haven't been able to get connections on XP.

Phone support is saying "it can see the device, it's just an error when it says not connected".

Hopefully Tomtom gets this figured out and fixed soon. Honestly there's no reason to connect to MyTomtom yet. None of the MyTomtom updates/downloads work yet, so you're not missing anything.

I'm sure as more people start owning a GO1000 the user community will figure things out, if Tomtom doesn't.

One more thought, can you try temporarily disabling all firewalls and antivirus software?

Ask a Question