my tom tom go 720 - Incorrect software?

my tom tom go 720 quit going 1 day so i bought a mother of ebay and ur man told me it had western europe maps on it but it dosnt every time i plug it in it say this

ERROR: 573/#https://home.tomtom.com/account/setDevice: Error from server: You have an invalid version of the TomTom application installed on your TomTom device. To use HOME you need to install the correct version of the TomTom application.
You have an invalid version of the TomTom application installed on your TomTom device. To use HOME you need to install the correct version of the TomTom application.
Error code: 573
Debug info from server: InvalidModelOrNavcoreException %3A The combination of model and navcore version provided is not supported
URL: https://home.tomtom.com/account/setDevice
Additional information: info = [object]
info.func = [string] account/setDevice
info.args = [object]
info.args.deviceCode = [string] AK9ALB2PVJ
info.args.deviceSerial = [string] M61417B13369
info.args.deviceModel = [string] go720
info.args.deviceNavcoreVersion = [string] 9.205
info.args.deviceParameters = [string] {"ApplicationVersion":"547817.1","ApplicationVersionVersionNumber":"9205","VehicleBrand":"","VehicleModel":""}

info.method = [string] POST
info.useCache = [string] false
info.dryRun = [string] false
info.xmluploadbody = [object] empty

Severity: 1105
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:468
xmluploadbody: this.xmluploadbody
1. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:430
this._doneCallbacks();
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:277
this.request.onload = function() { me._done(true); }

can any 1 elp me thanks plz

Last edited by a moderator:
It appears someone has installed version 9.025 on the 720. That is NOT the appropriate application that should be installed. The proper one is 8.351.

Sometimes, especially for units on ebay, the software is hacked and so are the maps.

It may be the case here.

If you make a complete Explorer, not Home backup and then delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents and connect to Home, a new application will be offered. I expect it will (and should) be 8.351

If you install it and the maps do NOT work, I'd get back to the seller of the unit as the maps were likely hacked.

Ask a Question