My street isn't on a map

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One 'New Edition'
I was hoping not to swamp the list here at first, but I keep thinking of new dumb questions to ask.

My street isn't on the maps. It's a partially paved/gravel road with only two houses at the end of it. I have MapShare, and could request to have it added, but I'm not sure it would be. The road is kind of long, about a quarter or a mile or so until you get to my house, which is where I would like to set my Home location. So right now it looks like I'm in the middle of nowhere trying to get the connecting street whenever I first turn it on.

Does anyone have a slick way of creating something that would simulate a road? The road is 'L' shaped from the first real road on an existing map to where I would like to set the 'Home' location.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Steve

I was hoping not to swamp the list here at first, but I keep thinking of new dumb questions to ask.

My street isn't on the maps. It's a partially paved/gravel road with only two houses at the end of it. I have MapShare, and could request to have it added, but I'm not sure it would be. The road is kind of long, about a quarter or a mile or so until you get to my house, which is where I would like to set my Home location. So right now it looks like I'm in the middle of nowhere trying to get the connecting street whenever I first turn it on.

Does anyone have a slick way of creating something that would simulate a road? The road is 'L' shaped from the first real road on an existing map to where I would like to set the 'Home' location.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Steve

The software does not allow for the physical creation of NEW roads, only changes to existing roads.

Map Corrections allows you to add a missing street, but will not take effect immediately...

See the following page: >>> Types of Map Corrections <<<

Taken directly from that page:
The Report other error menu provides a number of options, which do not take immediate effect on your map, but are reported to the map provider for verification.

* Missing street
Allows you to add a new street to your map

Sorry Birdman, but that is not correct. dhn was correct in saying that you cannot add new roads.

Report other error > missing street only reports a missing street to TomTom. It does not allow you to add a street to your current map. The only way that you will get it on your map is when you buy a new map which (hopefully) contains the correction.

Ask a Question